I am wondering what kind of procedure would be most effective for the results I'm trying to achieve? (photos)

i've always worked out. i'm 5'8 weigh 145 and can't seem to tighten my stomach or lower abdomen. I was thinking of getting liposculpt for my belly and mons. or maybe even a combination, liposculpt on belly and lipo on the mons,,,, or is a tummy tuck my best bet? now does a tummy tuck help with a large mons? I was researching and found that i might need a mons lift, but i've studied myself and i don't have any skin laxity, or so i believe.. HELP!

Best Procedure

Abdominoplasty candidates have:

·       excess abdominal skin which may sag

·       a disproportionate or protruding abdomen

·       weakened or separated abdominal muscles

·       excess fat concentrated in the abdomen

Other tummy tuck patients may recently have lost a lot of weight and need to have excess skin and tissue removed. Many women choose to have an abdominoplasty following pregnancy. Older patients may be candidates for a tummy tuck due to reduced skin elasticity, family traits, age, immobility.

A variety of tummy tucks are available. Patients who only need a tightening of the abdominal muscles or removal of a small amount of skin may be best treated with a “mini-tuck.” Patients who have undergone massive weight loss, on the other hand, will probably require more extensive surgery. An abdominoplasty is usually done under general anesthesia. An incision is made along the lower abdomen at about the pubic hair line, and another incision is made around the belly button which stays attached to the muscle.

Mini-abdominoplasty tightens the lower abdominal wall and skin below the umbilicus, belly button, only (shortest scar). Modified abdominoplasty addresses conditions where just the muscle wall or just the abdominal skin requires repair. Standard abdominoplasty tightens all of the abdominal wall skin and muscles above and below the belly button. The scar can be altered or lowered to be hidden by most panty lines and bathing suits. (Standard scar). Extended abdominoplasty tightens the abdomen and the flanks or sides (longest scar extending around the flanks onto lower back.)

A general anesthetic is most common, although mini-tucks may be done with local anesthetic and intravenous sedation. A standard abdominoplasty is generally an outpatient procedure, but extended abdominoplasty may require a short hospitalization of 1–2 days.

The best way to determine the proper procedure for your desired results is during your consultation with your chosen surgeon. I have also attached a video here with a little more information on the different incisions and the results they can provide.

Abdomen and Mons

You seem to be a great candidate for a tummy tuck. In my hands this procedure will remove most of your stretch marks make your skin nice and tight around your belly button and take care of the mons as well as the fat in that area can be liposuctioned or directly removed since is right below the incision. Liposuction alone will not bring much improvement to your tummy. Hope this helps and best to you. 

Liposuction or tummy tuck?

Since you have laxity on your abdomen and stretch marks, the best results would be achieved with a combination of tummy tuck and liposuction. I perform liposuction to the mons during an abdominoplasty and also manually excise the fat pocket. The tummy tuck procedure includes a degree of mons lift. 

Abdominoplasty or Liposuction

Thank you for the question and provided photos.  You bring up a very common question and concern.  Based on your pictures alone, a full abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) could address any skin laxity, tighten your abdominal muscles, and/or contour/debulk your mons pubis.  These are common treatment sites involved in a full abdominoplasty.  Liposuction is an adjunct I use on all abdominoplasty cases to assist in shaping the end result.  A consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon should give you the insight needed as to your best treatment option.  I wish you the best of luck in the process. 

Dr. Mooty

R. Clark Mooty, MD
Lubbock Plastic Surgeon

Best procedure for me

Hello and thank you for your question. The best procedure for you would be a full tummy tuck with muscle plication,  pubis lift and liposuction of your pubic area. Since I have not examined you that looks like it. If you have significant buttock and upper outer thigh laxity, you could be a candidate for a lower body lift. 

Peter Fisher M.D 

Peter Fisher, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Full tummy tuck

From these photos, you seem to be a candidate for a tummy tuck and not just liposuction. Definitely seek out a board certified plastic surgeon in your area with an expertise in Body Contouring Surgery for a consultation. Be sure to express your expectations and goals to the surgeon your choose. Good luck! 

Dean Vistnes, M.D.
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francisco Bay Area

#realself #tummytuck #drdeanvistnes

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

I am wondering what kind of procedure would be most effective for the results I'm trying to achieve?

I think that a tummy tuck would be a great option for you based upon the pictures.  The tummy tuck will also improve the mons area.

Tummy tuck

Congratulations on maintaining such a healthy weight.  Your photos show significant skin laxity on the abdomen, presumably from pregnancy.  Liposuction (sometimes called liposculpture) will never be able to correct this and would likely make the appearance worse.  A full tummy tuck can tighten the muscles, if needed, and remove the extra skin.  During that procedure, the fullness in the mons pubis is usually reduced and/or lifted as part of the tummy tuck.  Make sure to discuss this with your surgeon during consultation.  Best wishes

Given the stretch marks and quality of your skin, I don't think that liposuction alone would give you the result you want.  You will need a full abdominoplasty to address the skin excess.  At that same time, your surgeon can address the mons area. 

Tyler C. Street, MD
Napa Plastic Surgeon