I would like to know which would give me the best results. Liposuction or a tummy tuck? (Photo)

I'm 35 years old, 5ft 5inches and my weight fluctuates between 125 and 130. I'm done having children and would like to know which would give me the best results.

#liposuction /#Liposculpture /#Vaser/ #Hi Definition Procedures

Thank you for your question. From your photos, you appear to be an excellent candidate for Vaser Hi definition liposculpture with fat grafting to the buttocks.  You should get a great result from liposculpture, giving you a more contoured and hourglass shape with better projection to your buttocks. I have done many body contouring procedures and specialize in Vaser Hi Definition liposculpture. Vaser Hi Definition body sculpting requires extensive specialized training. I am one of few surgeons in the United States that was personally trained by Dr. Alfredo Hoyos, the surgeon that developed this technique. Vaser Hi Definition liposuction uses the concepts of negative and positive spaces in relation to the underlying bony and muscle anatomy to define areas such as your six pack and create an athletic looking physique. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon

I would like to know which would give me the best results. Liposuction or a tummy tuck?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. This is the surgical procedure that revolutionized cosmetic surgery becoming one of the most performed cosmetic procedures. Subcutaneous tissue or fat is removed in order to contour the body in a way that is harmonious and pleasing to the senses. It can be performed in almost all regions of the body such as the neck, chin, abdomen, back, buttocks, thighs, arms and ankles. Usually done through a small incision in the skin through which a cannula connected to a vacuum is applied, it can be performed alone or in combination with other procedures. After liposuction your body is going to be really swollen for at least 2 to 4 months after your surgery. It is important for you to wear your compression garment for at least 6 months, the first 3 months 24/7 and then the last 3 months at least 12 hours per day for your body get use to not having the faja for so many time. When you remove it, your body can get swollen and also you can have pain. Remember to also compress your body to prevent a seroma which is an accumulation of liquid that has to be drained, it is hard to touch and also really painful. Bruises are completely normal for almost 3 months from surgery, that’s why is better for you to use a bruising cream and apply it all over your body 3 times a day. To prevent bad circulation and swollen legs, use compression socks. Brazilian butt lift can be performed with the same procedure and for a month it will be swollen and it will drop a little bit without losing it’s shape if you use your garment.. If you’re going to perform liposuction on your inner, outer, anterior, lateral, postetior thighs, be careful and consult with your surgeon what’s best for you, sometimes we have more extra skin than fat, that can cause severe sagginess on our legs, which can be only be reversed performing a thigh lift….

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting with Tummy Tuck

I suggest a 4D HI DEFINITION contouring specialist if you want fat removal and contouring. Excess skin can be removed during the procedure and we call this "hi def physique." An in person consult is needed to determine what is best based on your body type and skin type. VASER can sculpt and contour the body and results can be seen immediately. Best, Dr. Emer

Tummy Tuck vs Liposuction

Hello, thanks for your picture and for your inquiry. By watching your pictures I would recommend to have a tummy tuck instead of liposuction. An abdominoplasty would get rid of the extra skin that is below your belly button as well as your stretch marks. Liposuction is a tool that helps to get rid of the stubborn fat but it doesn't help you with loose skin. Please make sure that you and your surgeon are on the same page. Don't forget to discuss all your concerns, options and expectations thoroughly. Have a safe and pleasant PS Journey!
Respectfully,
Dr. Jaime Campos-Leon

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck or Lipo

you seem to be a great candidate for a mini tummy tuck removing some of the excess skin and stretch marks from the bottom of the abdomen and doing some liposculpture for further definition. You don't have too much muscle stretch so a full tummy tuck would no be necessary. 

Tummy Tuck or Liposuction

Thank you for your question.  Not knowing the laxity of your skin it is hard to say which would be the best surgery for you.  It also depends upon weather or not you are interested in getting rid of the stretch marks that you have under your belly button.  A tummy tuck will address the stretch marks, as in take them away.  Liposuction will not be able to do that for you.  You look to be in good shape and discussing what your goals are for surgery is always a good idea. I think it would be best for you to have an in person consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in order to get all of your options explored and questions answered.  
Dr. Hisham Seify

Hisham Seify, MD, PhD, FACS

Tummy tuck or liposuction

Thank you for asking about your tummy tuck or liposuction.
  • Your photo suggests you need a tummy tuck -
  • The muscle and skin are stretched and you have little fat on your body.
  • An examination by a plastic surgeon will make sure but the photo suggests there is little doubt you need a tummy tuck.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Tummy tuck

You could do well with either mini tummy tuck/lipo or full tummy tuck depending on how much skin laxity you have.  This will be determined via physical exam.  Please seek consultations with board certified PS. Good luck!

Anh Lee, MD
El Paso Plastic Surgeon

Mini Tummy Tuck - Am I A Candidate?

Thank you for your question and photos. You appear to be a candidate for a mini tummy tuck. The skin excision and muscle tightening below your belly button could give you an excellent contour as well as improve the tone of the anterior abdominal wall. Please see a board certified plastic surgeon for an in-person examination to discuss the specific details of the procedures. Ask to see before and after photos to get an idea of what can be achieved. Hope this helps!

Thank you for your question. Based on the picture mini tummy tuck will give you the better results because of the laxity in the skin. Please consult with a board certified PS for evaluation and to discuss your goals