I had the gastric sleeve surgery a year ago, lost about 85 pounds. Need a makeover. Help?

Congrats on the weight loss. When you have lost the weight that you needed to lose, then it is time for your makeover. I advise patients to give themselves at least 6 months from their bariatric surgery. Then, have your surgeries in stages. All the best.Dr Thomas A Narsete

Makeover after weight loss

Great to hear about your weight loss. As many of my patients you figured out that while the weight loss brings many benefits it is also associated with some downfalls such as the excess skin. The good news is that you are just one step away from getting back to your desired body. Your best next step is to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon with experience in this type of procedures. In experienced hands these procedures can be performed in combination with a great cosmetic outcome. Hope this helps. Best to you.

After weigh loss

After one year after your gastric sleeve you  should be very stable in your weigh loss so is time for seeking your reconstruction.  You should send some pictures and look for your best options base in credentials experience and after care.

Makeover Help

Congratulations! When you're ready seek a board certified plastic surgeons with experience in your needs. If you want to post any pictures I would be happy to give you an idea of my thoughts. Best of Luck!

Robert Heck, MD, FACS
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Gastric sleeve and major weight loss

Hello and thank you for your question. Congratulations on your weight loss. Without photos I cannot comment on what you may need other than to say with my experience specializing in post massive weight loss body contouring, you will most likely need more than a mommy makeover to get optimum results.  You may only need a full tummy tuck and breast lift possible augmentation  (classic mommy makeover ), but we'll very may need a lower body lift arm and possibly thigh lift. The only way to tell is to look at photos. 

Peter Fisher M.D 

Peter Fisher, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Plastic Surgery with Body Contouring after Major Weight Loss #bodylift

• Congratulations on your weight loss!
  • Definitely meet with a board certified plastic surgeon (ASPS) who performs a lot of post weight loss body contouring surgery.
  • There are many procedures that can help improve the contour of your arms, breasts, abdomen, waist, buttocks, and thighs.
  • Meet with a plastic surgeon to find out which procedure(s) you may benefit from most. 
  • Thanks for sharing!

Weight loss makeover

Congratulations on losing the weight. It truly is a life changing event to lose that much weight. Before considering corrective surgery your weight loss should be stable preferably 3 months. There are many procedures designed to improve your appearance after significant weight loss. It depends on where the extra skin is and what really bothers you the most so I would suggest focusing on that area first. Usually this is the abdominal area and possibly the hips. There are several procedures starting with a tummy tuck and going to a lower body lift- which is when the incision goes all the way around the waist, to remove the excess skin. I typically will begin with an extended tummy tuck and contour the flanks and hips with liposuction and then come back and do a buttock lift which includes the hip area, because this tends to stick out if the extra skin is not removed. This will then keep the scar in the bikini line. There are many other procedures but before considering this I would seek a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who performs these types of procedures. These procedures make a big difference in your appearance, as much as the weight loss did! Good luck and congratulations again.

W. John Bull, MD