605ccs under, high profile currently feeling depression. Is this common after breast augmentation? (Photo)

Im going thru a blinge of depression. I'm done with my meds...I don't know why I'm sad. I'm not hurting, I am able to move around even lift my hands up, I can take a shower I can do everything....what's wrong with me :/

Feeling depression common after breast augmentation?

I am sorry to hear about the "depression" you are experiencing. It is, however, not uncommon to experience what you are experiencing at this time in your recovery. Severe emotional “ups and downs” are common after all types of surgery. Requiring reassurance (that what you are experiencing is normal) is also common and to be expected. The specific cause of the "postoperative depression" is not known;  in my opinion, it is probably multifactorial ( factors such as stress, pain, unanticipated length of recovery, being away from usually enjoyed activities/people…).

I would suggest that you do your best to occupy your mind with activities that you enjoy. For example, for our patients experiencing these types of post operative “sadness”, I suggest they walk outdoors (fresh air), see movies, read books they enjoy, seek family/friends' support… Let your plastic surgeon know how you are feeling, especially if you do not see/feel improvement.

Keep in mind that the worst part of the recovery is over (and you have yet to enjoy the outcome of the procedure performed!