I had a tummy tuck done on Dec 9 2015. I don't feel my stomach hard and firm?

Hello, I have two concern regarding my tummy tuck that I just had done almost 3 months ago. My first question, Why don't I feel my stomach hard ( when I touch my upper and lower stomach it's not hard), firm, and why does my stomach still loss when bending down? Did something went wrong with my surgery? Why is my belly irritated red and hard around it? What can I do? Thank you...

After a surgery most of the patients will have some swelling and scar tissue formation, that usually 3 months later gets soft and then the swelling goes away about 80%, as every patient is different, not all have the same healing process, in your case then the scar tissue it is not that hard and the swelling is minimal. In regard why your skin in the abdomen is still lose, is because everybody needs some extra skin to stretch, so when you bend over, that extra skin shows, specially if your skin on the abdomen has been over stretched from a previous pregnancy. Even skinny patients will have some lose skin, as the pregnancies, aging, loss of weight affects the skin quality. Think that your skin on the abdomen was like an overstretched rubber band, and you cut this rubber band in half, but the remaining half is already overstretched and it will not be as tight as a new rubber band.

Not happy with tummy tuck

Much progress has been made in the science of tummy tuck surgery. Please see link below to get your free cheat sheet on "7 keys to a great tummy tuck" which will answer your questions.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Thank you for the question and photos and your scars are still immature so they are red but otherwise you appear to be healing nicely.  If you have concerns though, see your surgeon!

Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD