I had some kind of liquid injected to my full legs and butt; can I get it removed? About how much does it cost?

I had my full legs injected about 5 years ago and the butt about a year ago my right upper leg has been hurting about 6 months ago I have been having burning sensation, if I touch it it hurts, I cant sleep in my right side because it bothers me. How can I know if this pain is because of the liquid? If its due to the liquid can I have it remove? Should I have the liquid remove from my butt and all the legs or just the part that it hurts, approximately how much it cost?

Silicone injections in legs and buttocks

Regards, Dr Carlos Alberto Rios regrets that you have been victim of the terrible practice of biopolymers.

For your information, in 1898 Dr. Robert Gersuny, Austrian surgeon, injected paraffin into the scrotum of a patient who was orquiectomizado (testicles removed). Here began the history of the injection of external substances to give volume to the face and body. This practice became very popular and now, there are whole chapters in plastic surgery books that explain how to try to correct and rebuild the serious effects of the application of paraffin. 

In your case, the burning sensation is secondary to the biopolymers. Did they injected you silicone into the thighs and calves also? Do you have any laboratory test? Have you tried to remove the silicone before? I need to know those things to give you a better advise and to know what to do in your case.

Please remember to be aware, do not let any permanenrt filler to be injected into your face, breast, buttocks, calfs, genitalia, etc. The safest way to increase buttocks is through your own fat injections or through silicone implants.

I hope the information was usefull, have a nice day! Dr Carlos Rios.

Removing silicone from the hips and buttocks

Silicone microdroplets can be removed in some cases. I would suggest an evaluation to determine an appropriate treatment course. Best, Dr. Karamanoukian
Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Silicone Removal in Leg -- Surgery

Silicone has to be removed surgically.  If it is causing inflammation, antibioitics and steroid/5FU injections can be used to calm it down. If you are experiencing a new burning sensation I suggest returning to your physician for an in person evaluation. Best, Dr. Emer