4 days post Lipo with fat transfer to hips and butt. Any suggestions?

I'm 4 days post Lipo with fat transfer, I didn't experience any pain after the surgery only some burning sensation but nothing that would make me want to take my pain meds. Is it normal? did my surgeon not do a lot of damage to my body? Is it good or bad not to have any pain? I'm kind of confused because I read that everyone had so much pain and I didn't......will my result still be good?

Post Liposuction Irregularities, Swelling -- Try Massage, Velashape or Venus Legacy With Your Compression

Pain is subjective and individualized to each patient. Pain is not an indicator of an optimal outcome of liposuction. Continue to follow your physicians post-op protocol to achieve the best results. Massage, RF treatments, Venus Legacy and hyperbaric oxygen will drastically reduce any post-op swelling. Best, Dr. Emer

Pain

Thank you for the question and the presence or absence of pain is not a reflection of what was done or what the final result might be like - so be greatful

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

BBL - no pain at 4 days. Am I ok?

Thank you for your question about your liposuction and fat transfer.
  • It is always good not to have severe pain -
  • People vary and those with a lot of pain are probably more likely to report it on-line.
  • One can't tell you what your result will be like at this point - you will be swollen.
  • If things look ok to you and your surgeon, you should be fine.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes. Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Pain post Liposuction

Congratulations on completing your surgery.  I will tell you that everyone’s recovery process is different and some people have more pain than others.  That can depend on your pain threshold, the techniques of your Plastic Surgeon for liposuction, and so forth.  So just because you are not experiencing a lot of pain, it does not mean you will not have a good result.  I hope this helps. 

Eugene Kim, MD

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. This is the surgical procedure that revolutionized cosmetic surgery becoming one of the most performed cosmetic procedures. Subcutaneous tissue or fat is removed in order to contour the body in a way that is harmonious and pleasing to the senses. It can be performed in almost all regions of the body such as the neck, chin, abdomen, back, buttocks, thighs, arms and ankles. Usually done through a small incision in the skin through which a cannula connected to a vacuum is applied, it can be performed alone or in combination with other procedures. After liposuction your body is going to be really swollen for at least 2 to 4 months after your surgery. It is important for you to wear your compression garment for at least 6 months, the first 3 months 24/7 and then the last 3 months at least 12 hours per day for your body get use to not having the faja for so many time. When you remove it, your body can get swollen and also you can have pain. Remember to also compress your body to prevent a seroma which is an accumulation of liquid that has to be drained, it is hard to touch and also really painful. Bruises are completely normal for almost 3 months from surgery, that’s why is better for you to use a bruising cream and apply it all over your body 3 times a day. To prevent bad circulation and swollen legs, use compression socks. Brazilian butt lift can be performed with the same procedure and for a month it will be swollen and it will drop a little bit without losing it’s shape if you use your garment.. If you’re going to perform liposuction on your inner, outer, anterior, lateral, postetior thighs, be careful and consult with your surgeon what’s best for you, sometimes we have more extra skin than fat, that can cause severe sagginess on our legs, which can be only be reversed performing a thigh lift…

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

After liposuction

Hi, congratulations for your body contour surgery. It is not about how much pain you feel. Many patients don´t experience hard pain even with big surgeries.

Hector Milla, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon