What options are available to correct this? bad gynecomastia from prohormones. (photos)

Please help! Im 36. got gyno bad from prohormons. In addition my ariolas will grow to the size of a quarter get puffy,stick out and deform into the shape of a football.Before all this they stayed around the size of a nickle with no bulging. I had more tissue taken out in second surgery. I'm now 11months post op and ariolas still do this. Please help. What can be done. Ive even tried botox. I cant express how deeply this bothers me. I have also included pictures of what they look like normally

Options to correct gynecomastia

Healthy male patients with excess breast tissue or unwanted breast development who have no underlying breast disease.Men who desire improved physical and aesthetic appearance should have realistic expectations based on their condition and the procedure performed. You should meet with a board certified plastic surgeon to be able to get a formal diagnosis and to be able to decide on a course of treatment if necessary.

Gynecomastia Revision Surgery

Hi Rick156,

Thanks for the post and photos. Based on the photos it appears that you still have tissue under the areolas that is causing the issue. Given that you have had 2 surgeries, it is hard to tell whether this tissue is breast tissue or scar tissue or a combination. One other factor is that depending on how larger your areolas were prior to surgery, you may have had an incomplete tightening of the areola after surgery. The most important thing is to be evaluated by a plastic surgeon experienced in revision gynecomastia surgery.

Sincerely,

Dr. Dadvand

Babak Dadvand, MD

What options are available to correct this? bad gynecomastia from prohormones.

Based on the photos and history it's possible that you have residual tissue requiring complete gland excision. Seek a plastic surgeon with specialty training in #gynecomastia surgery, has great photos, and is an expert in male breast reduction.

Ron Hazani, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills General Surgeon

About Gynecomastia and the Causes

The male breast is composed of glandular tissue and fatty tissue. An excess in either type of tissue can cause the chest to take on the look of gynecomastia. Gynecomastia can affect #men of all different body types. There are different types of #gynecomastia.

According to official statistics, 36% of adult young men and 57% of older #adult men in the United States have this medical condition in one of the four grades. 
About 200,000 to 3 million cases of #gynecomastia are being reported every single year. So if you have #breast #enlargement and you feel you're an exception, please understand that 1 in 3 young adult #men and 1 in 2 older adult men are just like you and have breast #enlargement.
Several common factors can cause gynecomastia including excessive levels of #estrogen, natural #hormone changes, use of recreational drugs or alcohol, medications and their associated side effects, and, various health conditions. Also, there are different types of #gynecomastia.
There are three types of surgical #treatment #options available that treat gynecomastia. Your board-certified plastic surgeon will recommend the type best suited for you. 
The most important decision to be made before performing any surgical procedure is determining whether you are an ideal #candidate. 

Gynecomastia

Thank you for the photos and question and though an examination is needed you appear to have residual gynecomastia amenable to a revision

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD