I have mini implants but prefer permanent implants but dentist states I have bone loss. Can this be remedied?

Doctor Answers 3

Mini dental implants

Generally, bone loss can be corrected with bone grafts. However, the suitability of treatment and plan of action should be determined after review of health history and after doing radiographic and clinical exams. 


Yes. A good oral surgeon can reconstruct the jaw and build the height in order to receive longer implants. 

Majid Jamali, DMD
New York Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 17 reviews

Mini Dental Implants vs Implants for a denture

If you have been told you have bone loss, you may be a candidate for bone grafts to rebuild the bone prior to implant placement. See a dentist who performs implant surgery routinely for another opinion. The newer implants can be placed in less bone and have different diameter to help with retention. 
I would get a second opinion before giving up!

Kathy Frazar, DDS, FAGD
Houston Dentist
4.6 out of 5 stars 10 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.