I have mini implants but prefer permanent implants but dentist states I have bone loss. Can this be remedied?

Mini dental implants

Generally, bone loss can be corrected with bone grafts. However, the suitability of treatment and plan of action should be determined after review of health history and after doing radiographic and clinical exams. 

Implant

Yes. A good oral surgeon can reconstruct the jaw and build the height in order to receive longer implants. 

Majid Jamali, DMD
New York Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon

Mini Dental Implants vs Implants for a denture

If you have been told you have bone loss, you may be a candidate for bone grafts to rebuild the bone prior to implant placement. See a dentist who performs implant surgery routinely for another opinion. The newer implants can be placed in less bone and have different diameter to help with retention. 
I would get a second opinion before giving up!