I'm thinking about CoolSculpting but I think my twin pregnancy belly is such a mess that I may have to get a tummy tuck (Photo)

Is my stomach so severely messed up that I should get a tummy tuck?

CoolSculpting or Tummy Tuck?

I think a tummy tuck will probably be your best option because of your skin laxity and the abdominal muscles being stretched from your pregnancy.  CoolSculpting is great for stubborn fat bulges, but not for loose skin.  It is best to see a board certified plastic surgeon to be sure of your options.

I'm thinking about CoolSculpting but I think my twin pregnancy belly is such a mess that I may have to get a tummy tuck

Thank you for your question. Based on your photos, a tummy tuck would be a good option for you. However, I would recommend seeing a board certified plastic surgeon for a consultation. This way, you can explain your concerns and find an option that works best for you. All the best. 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Cool Sculpt as an option?

I would say you are not a cool sculpt candidate bc you need your skin, muscles and laxity addressed. I think Cool Sculpting would not be ideal for you and a waste of time and money. Hope that helps. I would see a Board certified Plastic Surgeon for a consultation. 

CoolSculpting or Tummy Tuck

CoolSculpting only treats fat, it will not help with excess skin. A tummy tuck would be your best bet, but be sure to wait until you are finished having children. When you are ready be sure to see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Good luck!

Miguel Delgado, MD

CS vs tummy tuck

Based upon your pictures, I would agree with your thoughts, and would definitely recommend an abdominoplasty, mainly due to your prominent excess skin.  CS will not be your best option.

Jeffrey D. Wagner, MD

Tummy tuck vs CoolSculpting

CoolSculpting is a fantastic procedure to treat unwanted fat, however it will not help if there is also excess skin. In your case, I would recommend a tummy tuck due to the excess skin that you have. While pregnant, the abdomen is stretched so during a tummy tuck we would go in an repair the abdomen, essentially building an internal corset. From there, we would remove the excess skin and fat and create a new belly button leaving you with a nice, flat tummy.

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting and Tummy Tuck

CoolSculpting improves the fat on the abdomen but 20% per treatment and often requires multiple applicators to be used to get contouring and a few treatments. I reccommend a hi definition procedure to get the best in body shaping and contouring. With that much significant skin you need a tummy tuck along with the fat removal.  I suggest a formal consultation with an expert in 4D hi definition body shaping. Best, Dr. Emer.

CoolSculpting is Not the best options

CoolSculpting is great for localized area of fat where the skin has good elasticity. After twin births, it seems like the skin may be a little loose for CoolSculpting. While it may reduce some of the fat CoolSculpting does not result in any significant tightening. It is best to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon for the best options  

All the best 
Dr Soni

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Cool Sculpting Following Twin Births

I believe you will most likely benefit from a surgical intervention. Cool Sculpting is an excellent options when there is a need for localized fat reduction and the skin is in great shape. Make sure when you seek an opinion that you go to a reputable board certified plastic surgeon who can give you the safe and best outcome for your abdomen. Good luck. 

Timothy Treece, MD, FACS
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

As a plastic surgeon and the mother of twins --you need a full abdominoplasty. Correction of the diastasis is going to greatly help, I think you will have an excellent result.  Best of luck. Jane