Follow-Up Question - I have not yet reached the flat stage after TT. Scarring and swelling. Do you think it will improve?(photo)

Hi I've done my TT on 15 May ( four months ago) my tummy is still swelling I have not yet reached the flat stage that I'm dreaming of. What is also annoying me is the scar in my Billy button and the surgery it self, do you think this will improve? Do I need to do any thing else? Or is it a failieur from my surgeon? Do you suggest any particular foods or medicines to help in improving the healing process??

To see previous question, please click here.

Healing process

The lumpiness, swelling, itching and hardness after a surgery like you had typically persists at least 8 weeks after the surgery then slowly goes away. In my experience, daily massage of the hard areas makes the biggest difference in getting rid of it sooner rather than later. It can easily take 6 months or more to see results. Your tummy tuck scars will usually flatten and fade between 9-12 months but can sometimes take closer to 18 months. Scar fading depends on your genetics. Be sure to keep any scheduled follow up appointments you have with your surgeons for his evaluation and advice. Hope this helps.

Dean Vistnes, M.D.
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francisco Bay Area

#realself #drdeanvistnes #tummytuck

Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Dr Derby

Thank you for your question and the photos. The scar and belly button do not specifically look very aesthetic , it is wise to visit your doctor and see what he feels at the month post op of luckĀ 

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Your scar and swelling should still improve.  The color and height of your scar is partly because of your skin type and genetics.  You may benefit from some steroid injections but will certainly benefit from more time.  Follow up with your surgeon.

Tyler C. Street, MD
Napa Plastic Surgeon