How much it will take for swelling & edema to resolve after liposuction of abdomen?
Doctor Answers 2
Swelling after liposuction
Healing of tummy liposuction
Here is how it usually goes -
- day 1, 2 - little visible swelling
- day 3 - marked swelling that may continue to increase
- day 14 - stabilization of swelling, it may improve a little
- day 14 - 42, days of improvement followed by days of no improvement
- Days 42 - 180, improvement continues
- Month 6 - 12 final result
But it is a body trauma response that to a great extent, cannot be speeded up
Be sure to see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Here’s hoping you find this helpful. Have a great day!
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.