I am 17 days post breast augmentation. My nipples are hypersensitive

I am 17 days post breast augmentation. My nipples feel open and very sensative they hurt from everything and one of them is really red and feels like its hurt. Whats happening with my nipples?

Nipple Sensitivity after a Breast Augmentation

Thank you very much for your question. It is common to experience hypersensitivity and tenderness in your nipples/areola following a breast augmentation procedure. This should resolve over the following several months. Unfortunately, it is impossible to provide any meaningful advice regarding the red coloration of your nipple without a photograph. I recommend that you contact your operating surgeon to schedule a follow-up for further advice. 

Nipple Sensitivity

Thank you for your question. Color change is unexpected however increased sensitivity for a short time after surgery is normal. I recommend that you contact your Plastic Surgeon and ask them to advise you. They may want to examine you if you have ongoing concerns.
All the best

Nipple Hypersensitivity post Augmentation

This is a very common concern following augmentation and should resolve in the next few weeks, rarely months.  When nerves are stretched they may create sensations of numbness, or too much sensation, burning, itching etc.  I have patients try some Benadryl cream and or silicone covers --- DIMRS for a few weeks to months postoperatively.  Your plastic surgeon should be able to discuss this with you at your next visit.  Best!  Dr B

Bradley Bengtson, MD, FACS
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Concerns after breast augmentation surgery…

Congratulations on having undergone the breast augmentation procedure. Your plastic surgeron will always be your best resource when it comes to accurate assessment, advice, and/or meaningful reassurance. 

The hypersensitivity of the nipple/areola complexes that you describe is quite common and self limited; these concerns generally improve over the course of several weeks/months. Very rarely, I have seen hypersensitivity issues persists for close to one year. Best wishes.

Takes time

The nerves to the nipples are stretched by the new implants.  It takes time for the tissues and the nerves to adjust.Hard to judge the red color without any photos.