Liposuction dent above my belly button for 6 months. Any suggestions? (photos)

I've had belly liposuction from my belly 6 months ago and I have this dent above my belly button since day 1, I asked my surgeon about it he told me it's totally fine and I just have to wait for 6 months, I saw him after that like 3 time after that for the follow ups but I didn't ask him about it anymore since he told me I have to wait. Now I'm really begning to worry, is that normal?!

Liposuction - dent above belly button at 6 months

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.
  • You will need to return to your surgeon to discuss your result.
  • It looks as though you may have only had liposuction on the lower abdomen, 
  • If so, the 'dent' may be the natural transition where liposuction ended
  • Only your surgeon will know however - 
  • It will determine what needs to be done.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Liposuction dent above my belly button for 6 months. Any suggestions?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. This is the surgical procedure that revolutionized cosmetic surgery becoming one of the most performed cosmetic procedures. Subcutaneous tissue or fat is removed in order to contour the body in a way that is harmonious and pleasing to the senses. It can be performed in almost all regions of the body such as the neck, chin, abdomen, back, buttocks, thighs, arms and ankles. Usually done through a small incision in the skin through which a cannula connected to a vacuum is applied, it can be performed alone or in combination with other procedures. After liposuction your body is going to be really swollen for at least 2 to 4 months after your surgery. It is important for you to wear your compression garment for at least 6 months, the first 3 months 24/7 and then the last 3 months at least 12 hours per day for your body get use to not having the faja for so many time. When you remove it, your body can get swollen and also you can have pain. Remember to also compress your body to prevent a seroma which is an accumulation of liquid that has to be drained, it is hard to touch and also really painful. Bruises are completely normal for almost 3 months from surgery, that’s why is better for you to use a bruising cream and apply it all over your body 3 times a day. To prevent bad circulation and swollen legs, use compression socks. Brazilian butt lift can be performed with the same procedure and for a month it will be swollen and it will drop a little bit without losing it’s shape if you use your garment.. If you’re going to perform liposuction on your inner, outer, anterior, lateral, postetior thighs, be careful and consult with your surgeon what’s best for you, sometimes we have more extra skin than fat, that can cause severe sagginess on our legs, which can be only be reversed performing a thigh lift!

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD