I wanted to know what kind of papers am I supposed to be having for using cohesive gel implants and is there like a warranty?

I will be having my breast implant soon finally i have made the desicion i am very happy but i haven't told anyone even not my parents. Would i be fine after how many days without telling them? And when i would be able to have a normal life? and i wanted to make sure how am i supposed to be sure if he is using the right implants we agreed on and for how long would it take to make a re surgery and if he is using a good type or not, anyone please help me asap i will be meeting up with him today

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but  also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast, Actually the perkiness on a person or another, depends on patients skin and breast tissue… Breast augmentation surgery increases or restores breast size using silicone gel implants, saline implants or in some cases, fat transfer. One of the most popular and frequently performed aesthetic surgery procedures, breast augmentation has a long and successful track record in satisfying women who wish to enhance, regain or restore balance to their figures.

Implants and Recovery?

Please make sure your plastic surgeon is board-certified. I would recommend finding a surgeon who is a member of the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, or ISAPS. These are all plastic surgeons specializing in aesthetic (cosmetic) plastic surgery and work in accredited facilities.

If they are board-certified, then I would assume them to use good quality implants. Please know that Egypt has strict government regulations regarding use of silicone, and the only types of breast implants used there are FDA (US Food and Drug Administration) approved and well researched.

In Canada and U.S, implants do come with warranty, but it is best to ask your plastic surgeon about this as there can be many specifics in Egypt and the specific implant manufacture they order from.

With regards to recovery, please know that it is a crucial part of getting the best results, and it should not be rushed nor underestimated. In fact, as a patient, you must diligently follow your surgeon’s instructions and take good care of yourself to ensure your body has sufficient time to heal and look its best.

Every person recovers at their own pace, but normally patients are able to get back to a “desk job” within 5-7 days following surgery.

After 2-3 weeks, you should be able to begin your light exercise routine, such as brisk walking, cycling, aerobics and lower-body weight training. You should lift anything more than 10 pounds for at least 2 weeks.

Increasing the activity level is dependent on your own perception of how well you feel. Any minute you feel an activity is causing pressure or causing you to feel stretch in your breasts or incisions, then stop the activity.

Point to note is that you want to avoid using your chest muscles. So when you are lifting yourself from the chair, use the force from your legs more than your arms and chest.

Any exercises that require pectoralis major contraction or physical pressure in the upper-body as experienced during push-up demonstrations, running, high impact aerobics, and weight lifting should be avoided until after 6 weeks following your surgery. This is especially true if your implants will be placed behind the pectoralis major muscle.

You will feel better with each passing day. By the time you are one week post-op, you should feel much better. You will still be sore, but you will be feeling more like yourself.

Now make sure you have someone to take care of you after surgery. Someone should be able to drive you home and accompany you for 24 hours. Most patients ask a friend for help.

As always, please discuss recommendations for recovery and the implants with your board-certified plastic surgeon. Their advice should take precedence over everything you read here as they will be better informed about your case.

Hope this helps.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Cohesive gel implants and is there like a warranty? = it depends on the brand of the implant #breastaugmentation #breastimplants

Outside the United States there are many brands of breast implants. In the United States, there are only 3 FDA approved  breast implants brands approved for use for Breast Augmentation : Sientra (Slimed in the rest of the world) Allergan and Mentor. These brands all come with a warranty. The warranty coverage depends on the company. I recommend my patients to use Sientra (slimed) brand for Breast Augmentation for multiple reasons including great warranty coverage

John Mesa, MD

Getting implants....

Hi and thanks very much for your question. Surgery of this type can be very private, but most patients need some help from a trusted friend or family member during the recovery period. You will not be fully independent, like you are now, after this surgery. All your questions are really good, but I feel that you should address these directly with your plastic surgeon. Good luck!

Aldo Guerra, MD