Had open rhinoplasty alar setback technique but I think the tip and columella is still big. Is there any way to shrink? (Photos)

I made an open rhinoplasty alar setback technique from 8 months ago but I think the tip and columella still big is there any chance to shrink as I take. 2. Corticosteroid shot in these period and I have a thick grease skin and if I want to make a revision after what period

Chin implant

Thank you very much for sharing your pictures and your concern.

I believe you already achieved more than the 80% of your result - I like it - and I would be very careful in balancing risks and benefits of a new procedure.

Craniometry shows that your lower third of the face is very weak compared to the mid (cheek and nose).
This factor alone will always make your nose look too large and prominent.
A chin implant is an excellent and safe solution to adjust the proportions and I believe this is the only thing you need.

With best regards,

London Plastic Surgeon

8 months post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns about your Rhinoplasty with us.

Congratulations for having patience and wait more than six months PO, which is the recommended time allowed to make judgments of value and be precise and accurate.

After having analyzed all the info and photos provided to us, i recommend to perform a Secondary Rhinoplasty (not a tip revision) this means (basically) treat the nasal bones and the nasal cartilages.
Therefore i would perform a narrowing of the nasal base (nose osteotomy) and alar and triangular cartilage shaping.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Nose still large after 8 months

I would ask you to be patient.  Swelling around the tip may be present for years.  It sounds that you primary doctor is addressing appropriately with steroids.  Don't be too rushed and have another surgery that may set you bag more time.  Your pictures show a nice result.  An overly small and rotated nose may appear feminine in a male nose.

Ernest Robinson, MD
Aliso Viejo Facial Plastic Surgeon