Loss of hair contagious to family?

i have loss of hair and eyebrows with crawling sensation on scalp and itchiness and also in eyebrows with loss of eyebrows. when my family use my pillow..they begin to have itchy scalp too and lose eyebrows. i wonder if this seb derm as the doctor said !! can seb derm transferred to my family through pillow ??? please help me doctor

Hair loss and Itching

I suggest a formal consultation with hair pull testing, microscopy, and biopsy if you have a chronic hair condition.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Itchy scalp

No, seboreic  dermatitis have not  transferred to your family through pillow. I think you have scabies infection or flea infestation on your scalp . take the appropriate medication to kill them and stop itching .

Ilhan Serdaroglu, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Itching and hairloss associated with a pillow

I expect that you might have lice on the pillow and that would cause itching and scratching with traction alopecia.

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Genetic male pattern balding is not contagious. If you believe you have an undiagnosed infection causing hair loss

Genetic male pattern balding is not contagious.  If you believe you  have an undiagnosed infection causing hair loss you should see a doctor for an examination.  Seboreic  dermatitis is not contagious. 

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Hair loss contagious ?

Hair loss is not contagious, it's genetic. I recommend visiting an hair loss expert regarding the loss. However, you most likely other issues that are causing the itching.

Craig Barbieri, MD
Overland Park Phlebologist