Forehead massage after Botox?

Please I need to know the safe time range I coul massage my forehead & borrow area after botox injection

Massage after Botox

I would wait 24 hours before massaging your face.  You can resume normal activities right after, but I would wait 24 hours for vigorous activity and firm massage.

New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Avoid Massaging Directly After Botox

You should avoid massaging the treatment area for 2 hours after receiving an injection of botox  although washing your face and resuming your daily activities is fine.  Please see a board-certified dermatologist to learn more about how Botox can help rejuvenate your face

Mitchel P. Goldman, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Massage after Botox

I always recommend waiting at least four hours before touching the injected area. People instictivly want to rub their forehead after being injected. Try to avoid doing so. Try to avoid deep rubbing or massagimg for at least 24 hours.  Doing so will help you get the optimal results you desire.

Ben Lee, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Massage after Botox

Thanks for your question. There aren't any hard and fast rules about this. I routinely advise my patients to avoid deep massage for several hours following a Botox treatment. You could do your usual skin care routine that night. You should be able to go for a massage the next day without any ill effects.

Robert S. Schmidt, MD
College Station Facial Plastic Surgeon

Massage after botox

I  recommend waiting until the next day. I usually inject the forehead more superficially to prevent bruising so I don't want the Botox to migrate. If it is injected into the muscle, 4 hours is probably fine since it would be  less likely to move. So I would ask your injectors advice since they hopefully know which level they are injecting into.

Byron A. Long, MD
Marietta Oculoplastic Surgeon

No Massaging After Botox Injections

Hello and thank you for your question. I recommend to my patients to not rub or massage the treated area for at least 4 hours after they have been treated. Best to you, Dr Faraz

Massage After Botox

Thank you for your excellent question.  I recommend that my patients do not touch, rub or massage their Botox injection sites for 4 hours after treatment.  I also recommend avoiding bending, heavy lifting or strenuous activities such as going to the gym for 24 hours.  Please keep in mind that your Botox will start working in a couple of days and you will see your final result after 2 weeks.  Enjoy your Botox!  Hope this helps and best wishes!

Forehead massage after botox

Thank you for your question.  I usually recommend people avoiding rubbing or massaging their face for 4 hours after treatment.  

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Masssage after Botox

Thank you for your question sosoyas. Botox is a purified protein used to address wrinkles associated with facial expression. After a treatment, I massage the areas treated for my patients. I do not recommend that patients massage the areas themselves. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Alex Eshaghian, MD, PhD
Encino Physician