How many cups will I shrink?

I am 12 days post operation and very worried that my implants gets more smaller. Its already smaller than I wished how much would it shrink and when will it get softer?

Final size after breast augmentation

Thanks for your question.  Immediately after surgery there is always some swelling which will reduce in the following weeks.  Depending on which pocket the implant was placed (over, under the muscle or dual plane) the implant will also drop a little as it settles into it's pocket.  The time for this is variable but you should allow 3-6 months to see the final outcome.  In general the size you are at 6 weeks is the size you will remain - any change after this will be a subtle change in breast shape rather than a change in size.

Your implants do not shrink, but tissue swelling from surgeon will slowly subside. Usually, this swelling is much less than a cup size. Remember, this is the size that you and your surgeon selected.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

How many cups will I shrink?

Thank you for sharing your question and I am sorry to hear of your concerns.  At this point in your healing process I would allow your results to mature over the next several months before assessing your final size.  Though the implants will not shrink in size you will lose some volume from the resolution of any soft tissue swelling.  You will also see the volume within each implant redistribute towards the lower breast border, filling out this area and leaving a more natural breast appearance.  I know waiting is difficult but hang in there and maintain close follow up with your surgeon as they can supply you with reassurance.  Hope this helps.

Too small breast augmentation...

Congratulations on having undergone the breast augmentation procedure.  Your plastic surgeon will always be your best resource when it comes to accurate assessment and advice.

Generally speaking, breast implants will "drop" into the pocket that was created during surgery. The rate of breast implant "settling" may depend on factors such as size of breast implant pocket dissected, tightness of the overlying skin/muscle layers, and size of breast implant utilized. Normally, it takes about 3-6 months (for some patients longer) to see the final result. 

Many of my patients report that as the swelling around the breast implants (for example, in the sternal area) decreases, they feel that their breasts appear more projecting (and that they have better "cleavage"). Also, in my opinion, the "drop and fluff” phenomenon does hold some validity; as breast implants “settle”, many patients feel that their breasts actually look LARGER. Similarly, it takes a few months for the breasts to "soften" in most cases.  Most of my patients tell me that their breast implants feel "part of them" somewhere between 3 to 6 months after surgery was performed.  There is definitely a physiologic and "psychological" (body image)  adaptation process that occurs, at differing rates for every patient, for patients who undergo any type of aesthetic surgery, including breast  augmentation surgery.  Understandably, patients often experience significant emotional "ups and downs" around the time of surgery.  Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.

How Many Cups Will I Shrink?

Unfortunately, without before and after pictures, some idea of what your pre-operative requested size was, and without an in person physical exam, no RealSelf plastic surgeon can give you anything that approaches a rational answer.
Give yourself and your plastic surgeon a break.  Sometimes swelling in the sternal area can make the implants, and ultimately your breasts, look smaller than it will actually look once the swelling goes down.  Early in the post augmentation period, many women experience the Booby Blues.  This is not to disrespect your feelings that the implants are too small at this point, but to caution you about making decisions whether things are too big or too small in this early, post surgical period.  
At this point, I highly recommend you make an appointment to see your plastic surgeon ASAP so that he or she gets an opportunity to discuss swelling, ultimate implant size, etc.