Are Botox injections for twitches effective?

I did a botox injection for my blepharospasm in both eyes last Sunday October 9th been almost 10 days now and the improvment is not so good. So can you please help me and tell me when will it be able to see the whole improvment. And be able to walk, drive, even eat normaly. And is Botox effective for essential blepharospasm or not. Cause thoes twitches are killing me. I'm 32 years old and been having thoes twitches for almost 3months now.

Botox & Blepharospasm

It can take up to 2 weeks to see improvement and it may take a series of treatments. I recommend speaking to your Dr. about your concerns and a realistic time-frame. Best, Dr. Emer

Blepharospsm

Botox is a good choice for Blepharospasm. However if you are not getting the results you desire, it might be appropriate to schedule an apt with an ophalmologist who specializes in this. I would not give up yet...

Pamela Stuart, MD
San Jose Physician

Blepharospasm treatment with Botox

This is an effective treatment for blepharospasm, in fact it is the treatment of choice for this. If you are not happy, discuss with your doctor. You might need more injections. This should be done by a specialist in the field of Ophthalmology.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Botox

Botox can take up to 2 weeks to take effect.  Follow up with your injector after 2 weeks, it may be that you need more Botox.   Botox for Blepharospasm works quite well, but can be tricky as you do not want to give too much; this can prevent from opening and closing the eye.  Be sure you are seeing an experienced injector. Best of luck to you!

Shahin Fazilat, MD, FACS
Mountain View Plastic Surgeon

Botox for blepharospasm

Thanks for your question. Botox does work well for blepharospasm, but you have to be careful not to use too much or you can have trouble opening and closing your eyelid. It can take two weeks for the effect to be at its max, so for now be patient. You can always go back and have more though.

Robert S. Schmidt, MD
College Station Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox

One of the original indications for Botox in the medical field has been for blepharospasm. Assuming that the diagnosis has been made following a thorough neurological evaluation, I would look into potential issues with the dosage and injection spots. I hope this helps.

Jacob Sedgh, MD

Botox for blepharospasm

Botox normally is an effective treatment for blepharospasm.  It can take 1-2 weeks to see the full effect from the treatment.  The dose used can also affect the results.  Since your treatment was 10 days ago, I would recommend waiting another 4 days or so and then follow up with the physician who treated you.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon