I did lower lid blepharoplasty but my eye shape became different. I suffered a lot. Any suggestions?

I did lower lid blepharoplasty but my eye shape became different.

Greeting Thank you for sharing your question. Experiencing some pain, bruising, and swelling after the procedure is normal you surgeon must have recommended pain medication to help make you as comfortable as possible. If you didn't avoid strenuous activity, such as heavy lifting or exercise, as recommended by your doctor, it would take longer time to heal. For the best evaluation I would recommend that you send your actual photos and the pre-operation of lower-lid photos. And it would also be best to consult your surgeon that performed the operation.

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Change in eyelid position after lower eyelid blepharoplasty procedure

It is possible that the shape of your eyelid has changed after a lower eyelid blepharoplasty procedure. Surgeons will tighten the lower eyelid to prevent the common complication of a lower eyelid ectropion. However, this complication can occur if the lower eyelid is not tightened sufficiently or if the lower eyelid is not anchored at all during surgery. If your surgery was recent, you may still be healing from the surgery and the change in your eyelid position may represent swelling. However, if your surgery was 3 months ago (or greater), then I would either see your surgeon or visit an oculoplastic surgeon to help resolve any complications. 

Maryam Nazemzadeh, MD
McLean Oculoplastic Surgeon