Accutane; will acne come back again?

I took one course of antibiotics and then acne came back worse now am thinking of taking accutane but iam afraid acne will come back again after accutane too i need help knowing that i have moderate acne

Cure for acne?

Thank you for your question. Unfortunately, there is no cure for acne, but there are several different treatment options available. Acne treatments are based on the type of acne and skin type you have. Treatments include oral antibiotics, medicated creams and ointments, Accutane, or cosmetic procedures such as peels, laser treatments, or facials. In my experience, I found a combination therapy of oral antibiotics and topical medications to be effective in treating mild to moderate acne. With that being said, acne can return even with treatment, which is why I suggest a maintenance therapy of at least topical medications on a daily basis for my patients. I highly recommend you consult with a board certified dermatologist to have your skin evaluated and to discuss treatment options that best suit your needs. Take care and good luck.