4 wks, central abdominal is open, too much fluid and it smells bad. (photos)

Open wound in the midline

Thank you for your question. A wound healing issue in the midline after tummy tuck is not uncommon. The blood supply to the skin flap after a tummy tuck comes from the sides. The midline is the furtherst away from the sides and is the place where the wound can come apart. You should see your surgeon. You will require some wound care to prevent infection and may need a revision down the road when things have healed. Keep in contact with your surgeon and be patient. Best Wishes,

Dr. Morrissey

Post-Op Incision

Hello and thank you for your question. I am definitely sorry to hear about the problem you are having with your tummy tuck incision, but from what you describe it sounds like you should see your surgeon right away to ensure whether there is infection, and to have it treated if it is. I wish you the best!