21 years 400 CC 11 days post operation. (photos)

I am 11 days post operation and my implants are not soft yet, my incisions are still forming blood spots which makes me panic a lot, my stomach is bloated like a balloon, hard and constipated, i am worried my size will shrink it already is smaller than i wanted. I am wearing my surgical bra 24/7 which makes me look flat again and very disappointing never took it off for how long would i be wearing it and any thing that helps incisions recovery? And whats with my stomach?!

Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

I appreciate your question. Right now, you are early on in the post op recovery period. It will take 3-6 months for you to feel comfortable having implants in your body and for them to settle. This time allows for you to physically and psychologically adapt to your new body image. There are many variables that contribute to a breast augmentation's final result. Preop size and shape, IMF location, location of the implants and type of implant. Patients heal at different rates and each breast will sometimes heal at a different rate. Rest, relax, recover and heal. Please Express your concerns to your surgeon so he/she can examine you at this time. Then reassess final result at 6 months. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

Breast augmentation - very anxious

Thank you for asking about your breast augmentation.
  • You are anxious and need support and advice from your surgeon to get through your recovery.
  • If you are constipated, you need to stop narcotic pain pills and take laxatives. Ask your surgeon what ones.
  • A 400 cc implant is quite a large one - give yourself time to heal.
  • Ask your surgeons what to do for your incisions and when you can switch to a more normal bra.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

11 days post surgery

Thank you for your question. You are still in the very early healing stages. At 11 days post surgery I would not expect your breasts to be soft. Your breasts will soften and change dramatically over the next few months. The  hardness to your abdomen may be due to constipation from the pain medication if you have not gone to the bathroom. You should contact your surgeon about your bra that may be what is causing the irritation to your incision. Good luck with your recovery.…

Normal healing

Thank you for your question. At 11 days, the implants should still be hard they will not soften up for maybe 2-3 months and it is a gradual process. The fullness in your abdomen is swelling from the breasts due to gravity settles in the upper abdomen, and the hardness may be due to constipation from the pain meds if you have not gone to the bathroom. You should contact your surgeon about your bra, it is more than likely what is causing the irritation on the incisions and at this point you should probably switch to something else. Good luck with recovery.

Francis Johns, MD
Greensburg Plastic Surgeon