How can I get 1 unit of botox per 0,1?

What is the concentration if saline needed to get one unit of botox per0,1 ?

Botox dilution

The correct amount of saline according to the clinical trials and the package insert is 2.5 cc saline to the vial.  Many doctors use different concentrations but to get what you are asking would require 10 cc which will not fit into the vial

Nashville Dermatologist

Why would you want that concentration

while there are different dilution choices most doctors will reconstitute a 100 unit vial with under 4 cc. To get the concentration you are looking for you would need to place 10 ml of saline which would not even fit into the vial. Even for microbotox, I wouldn't dilute it with that much saline

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Botox reconstitution

Thank you for your question arwamohamed. Botox is a purified protein used to address wrinkles associated with facial expressions. It comes in 100 unit and 50 unit vials. The manufacturer recommends reconstituting 100 units in 2.5 cc of saline. This gives a concentration of 40 units/cc, or 4 units/0.1 cc. If a 100 unit vial of Botox is reconstituted in 10 cc, the concentration would be 10 units/cc or 0.1 unit/0.1 cc. Such a reconstitution would lead to more spread of the Botox. This may be desirable in areas such as the underarms. Please consutl with a doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Alex Eshaghian, MD, PhD
Encino Physician