Am I suitable for umbilical float TT? (Photos)

Hi am 5ft2 and 54kg. Had 3 c sections. Am i suitable for mini tt with umbilical float and miscle repair? Thanks.

Umbilical float

The answer to this depends upon your expectations and goals. If you really want to be significantly tighter in the abdomen, with all of that loose skin removed, then no, you would not be happy with an umbilical float, because it will leave your bellybutton to low on your abdomen, which looks very weird. However, if you are okay with a moderate improvement as opposed to a dramatic improvement, than yes, umbilical float can be performed. You must realize, that this will not allow you to be as tight as you potentially could be. Usually, I recommend full abdominoplasty, as most patients, after spending several thousand dollars are really looking for a dramatic improvement. Do not let anyone to talk you in to a mini version of the procedure if you truly are looking for impressive results. Best of luck!   Dr. Subbio Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon Newtown Square/Philadelphia, PA

Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

To float or not to float?

Your photos depict a navel that is already drifted downward, probably as a result of pregnancy related stretching of the abdominal skin. There is muscle laxity as well. Because of these findings, your most dramatic results will most likely be obtained with a traditional TT that removes all of the draping skin, tightens your muscles for a flatter, trimmer contour and repositions the navel. You  should consult a Board Certified plastic surgeon who has demonstrated plenty of experience with this type of body contouring.

Tad Grenga, MD, FACS
Norfolk Plastic Surgeon

How to know if you are a candidate for a mini tummy tuck with umbi float

The umbilical float technique allows for access to the upper abdomen for full muscle repair, but does not imprve skin laxity above the belly button. It works best when the position of the belly button is high to begin with, so that it can be lowered. That does not appear to be your situation but only an in-person evaluation with a plastic surgeon experienced in the technique will give you a definitive answer.

Richard Baxter, MD

Tummy tuck+ Lipo + BBL candidate, some advices:

Thanks for sharing your concerns with us.In this regard, I recommend you a Tummy Tuck with muscle repair, to get a flat abdomen and weist and back Liposculpture, getting better curves especially in the waist, improving your body contour. Finally, I suggested take the fat we get and transfer to the buttocks and hips, to mold them and get better volume, contour and butt projection, is that we know as "Brazilian Butt Lift" (BBL).Kind regards

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

You would benefit from a full abdominoplasty

If you get an umbilical float your belly button will likely appear too low.  In my practice I would most likely offer you a full abdominoplasty with muscle tightening.  I would encourage you to seek in person consultations with local plastic surgeons in order to best learn about your options.  The internet is a great place to start but nothing substitutes for in person consultation.

Yes you can!

I agree not a fan of the float as your belly button will be too low. Can probably do full tummy tuck given your appearance. The key is to keep the final incision low so you can look great. Too many doctors put incision high as it is quicker and easier. If needed a small vertical incision in the center is better then seeing the scar in a regular bathing suit. You are well informed good luck!

Gregory T. Lynam, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you are a great candidate for a tummy tuck with liposuction.  This can be done through a low and short incision, all completely below the bikini line.  Your muscles can also be plicated resulting in a flat abdomen.  You may be able to have a mini or a full.  An in-person consultation would be able to best determine this.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Mini TT

Yes! Based on your pictures alone, you appear to be a good candidate for a mini-abdominoplasty. The skin excision and muscle repair is performed in the lower abdomen. This procedure is an outpatient procedure and takes ~ one hour. Please consult a board certified plastic surgeon.

George C. Peck, Jr, MD
West Orange Plastic Surgeon

Am I suitable for umbilical float TT?

Thanks for your pictures and question.  Looking at your pictures, it appears that you have some fullness extending above your belly button.  I would plan a full abdominoplasty and muscle repair in your case.  If an umbilical float is planned, your belly button may end up too low for the amount of skin excision that is needed.  Make sure you meet with a board certified plastic surgeon for an in person consultation for your best options.

Naveen Setty, MD