I had lasik a week and two days ago. Should I be worried? Rubbing my eye

I had lasik a week and two days ago and I woke up rubbing my eye and it was a relatively hard rub. I'm not experiencing any real pain or anything sometimes discomfort which I was told was normal. I am also not experiencing a loss in vision or light sensitivity or anything and was wondering if I should be worried or not.

It sounds like you did not damage the flap when you rubbed your eye since you are not experiencing pain or vision loss.  Continue using your preservative free artificial tears every few hours.  To be safe, I would recommend that you see your eye doctor so they can take a look at your eyes.  

San Francisco Ophthalmologist

Bad vision after eye rubbing after LASIK

you must be seen by your MD to make sure you did not move or dislodge or wrinkle the flap, in which case it must be put back and hopefully not sutured in place

this is yet another advantage of LASEK, as there is no flap, so you can rub all you want, the flap isn't going to move bc you never got any flap cut into your cornea to begin with

Emil William Chynn, MD, FACS, MBA
New York Ophthalmologist

Rubbed the eye after Lasik

If the eye does not hurt and if your vision is the same, then you did not do any harm by rubbing the eye. It is best not to rub the eye, so maybe wear the goggles for a few nights more to prevent this from happening again.

Andrew Caster, MD
Los Angeles Ophthalmologist