An Effective Way to Get Rid of Spider Veins and Broken Capillaries on Face At Age 14?

hi im a 14 year old girl and i have spider veins and broken capillaries all over my face i also have a few on my legs but im not worried abut those yet! i have one big red spider vein that i have had for years and i have had laser and an injection but nothing has worked! i get upset every day because they are very visable ! no body else has what i have and i just want them to go away apparently its due to my hormones but is there any way of getting rid of them and preventing them? please help me

Doctor Answers 4

Best treatment for facial veins and capillaries, including rosacea

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

The pulsed dye laser remains the gold standard for facial veins and blushing.  I recently was featured on the television show The Doctors demonstrating my technique.  Treatments may significantly improve your appearance.

Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 95 reviews

Rosacea at age 14 - Buffalo Niagara NY

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Rosacea is a common skin disorder which causes the redness in the skin of the face and the telangiectasias that you describe. Early treatment is critical before later stages of rosacea develop and can be controlled well with oral medications and topical products. I recommend that you see a pediatric dermatologist. 

Spider Vein Treatment

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Thank you for your question. You need to get an evaluation with your Board Certified Dermatologist or Plastic Surgeon, for all of your options. Depending on your skin type, a series of V-Beam Perfecta, 1064 Yag, or 532 may prove useful for the veins on your face and possibly your legs. Sclerotherapy may still be an option for the legs depending on size and severity. I hope this helps.

Facial capillaries/veins

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Facial veins and capillaries may be a sign of a condition such as rosacea.  An examination  by a physician with experience in facial rejuvenation should give you some answers.  These are commonly treated with lasers and with topical medications.

H. Christopher Coley, MD
Greensboro General Surgeon

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.