What do I do to fix my droopy eyelid? (photos)

My right eylid droops and I really want to get it fixed, I'm 19 years old and i want to get it fixed, please let me know what I have to do. If I have to go to a doctor to review my eyelid, etc and what type of doctor. What surgery I would have to take or if i would have to take one. Please help, it reduces my confidence so much

What do I do to fix my droopy eyelid?

You need to see an oculoplastic surgeon (eye plastic surgeon) to evaluate your eyelid ptosis and possibly perform eyelid ptosis repair. See following link and video.

Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Bleharoplasty

Thank you for your question. A board certified oculoplastic surgeon will be able to address your droopy eyelid.Best wishes,

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Droopy eyelid

plastic, facial plastic or oculoplastic surgeon - though you want to ask if they have experience with your particular problem (likely oculoplastic would be best). As noted below there is a website that can give you regional MD recommendations. Once you see an MD they will tell you why they think your lid is malpositioned and what they would recommend to address it.

Asaf Yalif, MD
Roswell Plastic Surgeon

This is left upper eyelid ptosis.

You need a consultation with an fellowship trained oculoplastic surgeon.  The American Society for Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery maintains a regional directory on their website that can help you find a highly qualified surgeon close to home.

Droopy eyelid

You would need an in-person examination/consultation to determine the cause and thus the treatment option(s). See either a plastic surgeon, facial plastic surgeon or oculoplastic surgeon.

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD

Droopy eyelid

Eyelids can appear droopy for a variety of reasons. The eyelid opening may be smaller, there may be excess skin iver the eyelid, the brow may be lower, or there can be facial asymmetries causing the eyelid to appear smaller.  It is hard to assess what the cause of your droopy eyelid is by your picture, but it does not look like you have a smaller eyelid opening. To best assess what is going on, I recommend you see an oculoplastic surgeon that cabn evaluate your area of concern and recommend the best treatmebt for it.Best of luck!