Do I have enough fat for bbl? (photos)

I'm 21yrs old 5ft1 106lbs. I've always been a really petite girl with no almost no hips and pretty much a long back. Not butt at all! I've been considering a bbl or implant since I was 18. I notice lots of women who undergo the procedure are naturally a lot bigger than I am. I'm curious if I'm even a good candidate for a bbl. most my body fat is in my back and my stomach . I've ready many responses mixed responses from Drs that are either against weight for for bbl or against it. Please help!

Do I have enough fat for bbl?

In my opinion, you have enough fat on the abdomen, sides, and back to give you a very nice improvement with the fat transfer to the buttocks.  Liposuctioning a thinner patient is more demanding as everything has to be done precisely to avoid irregularity and acquire a large amount of fat for transfer.Kenneth Hughes, MDLos Angeles, CA

Enough fat for a BBL?

Thank you for your question. When planning a Brazilian butt lift, patients can look forward to a double benefit: reducing areas of unwanted fat while gaining a perkier, rounded posterior.  Each procedure must be planned according to the individual needs of patients, harvesting fat from target areas of the torso, thighs or knees and transferring it to create smooth, attractive contours optimized for each person. The amount of fat transferred from targeted areas depends on the quantity available and the extent of buttock augmentation each patient desires.  Sufficient body fat for a buttock augmentation is very patient-specific, depending on an individual’s body shape and proportions as well as their expectations. You can achieve a nice contour with this procedure but not a big size butt. Best is a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with specialized expertise in this procedure.

BBL candidate

From the photos you posted it appears you may be a good candidate for a Brazilian butt lift however, without an examination in person it is impossible to say for sure. I recommend consulting with a board certified plastic surgeon who is experienced with this procedure. Regards 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

BBL or

Thanks for your question and for posting appropriate pictures. I would recommend having an in person consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon. There may be enough fat in your abdomen, flanks and back to adequately provide the results you want. You might also consider gluteal implants which will help give you added volume. 

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

BBL

Thank you for your question.I would recommend that you schedule an appointment with a board certified plastic surgeon so they can perform a physical examination of your body and see if you are a good candidate for BBL or not. It is hard to tell from your photographs whether you have enough fat to harvest to fill out the buttocks area but you may be a better candidate for buttock implants. For patients who have little body fat I recommend using buttock implants using the XYZ technique which is intramuscular. This would be the best option for you if you do not have enough body fat to harvest for a Brazilian butt lift and will help add volume and projection in the buttock area.
Best of luck in your endeavors!
Sincerely, James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Do I have enough fat for bbl?

From looking at your photos, you do not have enough excess fat for a high volume fat transfer such as 900-1000cc per buttock, but you could get a nice contour to your waistline as you do have a boxy shape. Any fat removed could be placed into your hips/buttocks. Because you are so petite even a small increase in volume will likely be very noticeable to you. I recommend you find a board certified PS in your area and discuss your goals to see if they can be met.

Brazilian Butt Lift Revision/ BBL / Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

I appreciate your question. I have done many Brazilian Butt lift procedures and specialize in body contouring.  The amount of enhancement possible depends on how much fat can be harvested from your body. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

BBL

It is very difficult to say whether you have enough from a photograph. It also depends what your goals are from the BBL . Best to be seen in person.

Enough Fat for BBL?

While it is a bit difficult to tell from pictures, my guess is that you wouldn't have enough fat to harvest to make enough of a different in your buttock size and shape to make you happy with the result.  You may be a great candidate for buttock implants (my preference is to place them inside the muscle), with additional liposuction to sculpt your "problem areas" and then have that fat transferred to your buttocks and hips for some additional volume.  I recommend consulting with a plastic surgeon with buttock implant experience for their opinion.

Dr. Dan Krochmal

MAE Plastic Surgery
Northbrook, IL

Daniel Krochmal, MD
Chicago General Surgeon