What type of procedure or lipo is recommended for my lower body? (photos)

I am 5'3, mid twenties, no kids and im really self conscious about my sides and thighs. I do NOT wear bathing suits and shorts that show the sides of my thighs. I can work out and slim down my arms fast and my lower legs but my thighs, sandals bags and stomach and sides of stomach NEVER get smaller. I recently finally accepted that I don't care what the scale says I just want to see a shape I'm happy with and I'm getting frustrated and have lost all motivation to excersize. Any suggestions?

A good Candidate for Liposuction

Thanks for your question and while it is always more helpful to see a patient in person, your photos seem to indicate that you could do very well with liposuction, specifically of the abdomen, flanks and thighs.  I would discuss your goals in detail with a plastic surgeon during a consultation, and he or she should be able to go over your options in detail.   How you do after liposuction depends on a number of factors, including your overall health, area of concern, skin quality and the amount of fat present, and this is best addressed and reviewed during a consultation.

Liposuction to reduce core body fat

Thank you for asking about your body shape.

• You are one of many women who truly do not lose stomach and saddle gab fat until the rest of their body is underweight - 
  • So you are an excellent candidate for liposuction of your abdomen, back and thighs.
  • Although office machines will reduce fat to some degree, at most improvement is 20%.
  • For the permanent reshaping you are looking for, you should see a plastic surgeon to discuss having liposuction done -
  • After liposuction, fat will return to new areas unless you lose ten pounds so do not try to lose weight before having your liposuction done.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

What type of procedure or lipo is recommended for my lower body?

From your photographs which are somewhat dark you appear to be an excellent candidate to undergo liposuction using tumescent techniques involving your inner and outer thighs.  I am less certain about benefit for your stomach but would need to see you in person to make a determination and recommendation.  Liposuction does not improve the cellulite layer immediately beneath the skin but will recontour your thighs making them longer and leaner looking and making your backside look more shapely.  Please review the video I posted and the link to photographs of other patients on my website.

Good luck and you can look forward to your results and improvement.

Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
ABC-TV Extreme Makeover Surgeon
Beverly Hills, California

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Tumescent liposuction in Seattle WA

You appear to be a reasonable candidate for tumescent liposuction of the abdomen, waist, hips, inner and outer thighs. This procedure can be accomplished while you are awake and comfortable in about 2-3 hours.

Thighs/Sadle Bags/Stomach/What Procedure--VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting / Mommy Makeover

I suggest a 4D HI DEFINITION contouring specialist if you want fat removal, contouring and skin tightening. If you want to start with non-invasive procedures: vanquish, coolsculpting/sculpsure, exilis/venus legacy.  z wave and cellutone treatments would also give you some improvement. I suggest seeing a body contouring expert.  If you have loose skin you will need skin removal but this can all be done at the same time if you want a real huge body shape change.  Best, Dr. Emer 

Thank you for your question. Whether you would benefit from liposuction, requires a very close examination of your buttocks and thighs in person. I do think you would benefit from liposuction of your abdomen and flanks. The buttock and thigh region sometimes benefits from liposuction, but also may actually be best if no liposuction is performed, and instead fat is transferred into the buttocks, in areas of volume deficiency. The combination of liposuction of the waist/flanks, with addition of fat into the buttocks, and the transition point between the buttocks and thighs can create a beautiful S-curve. This creates a nice silhouette. Make sure to see a board-certified plastic surgeon who performs liposuction and Brazilian butt lift, so that all options are available to you.

Liposuction is such a great motivator and can really change your shape.

You appear to be a great candidate for liposuction. I would do the full abdomen and flanks(hips) in 1  procedure and the next day do the thighs and knees in another. Both under tumescent local with the smaller cannulas and get back to work in 2 days.

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Body contouring

That is frustrating but there are several options for noninvasive  body contouring like CoolSculpting for hips/flanks/abdomen/thighs that can be used or alternative fat removal can be performed of any of these areas using liposuction.  The difference are the recovery process.