Thick scar like tissue inside my nose.

I am 2 weeks post op and I was wondering why it feels like thick scar tissue inside my nose, The left is thicker than the right side, Is this normal and will it shrink? My nose is still hard and fat but better compared to the first week. Left side though looks bigger. Thank you.

Scar tissue following a rhinoplasty

At two weeks, it is far too early to assess your final results, as your nose will continue to change over the next several weeks to months.  The thickness you feel is referred to as a "healing ridge" of an incision and will subside by 4-6 weeks.  Each side may feel different and is due to multiple factors; however, fear not, as most asymmetries will resolve over time.

Nasal firmness and asymmetry

At two weeks following surgery you are in the very early stages of healing. It is totally expected that your nose will be firm as the skin settles back on the bony/cartilaginous framework and incisions go through the initial proliferative phases of healing. Try to remain patient as there can often be asymmetries that will slowly improve over the coming weeks and months. Good luck!

Mark Been, MD
Barrington Facial Plastic Surgeon

Swelling and firmness after rhinoplasty

At two weeks postop, you are very early in the healing process. The nose will continue to soften both internall and externally as the swelling subsides and incisions heal. Be patient and make sure that you are following up regularly with your rhinoplasty surgeon. 

Michael T. Somenek, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon