Will it make my scars completely go away?

I have acne scars, they aren't terrible but it sure is a pain. I feel like I have to cover up before I leave the house and for school. I'd rather not have to worry about "the best covering foundation". I also have those skin colour bumps on my forehead, will this help with that? One more thing, I have several moles on my face, what will it do to them? I'd like for them to be gone but that's probably not the case. I'm focusing more on the scars

Microdermabrasion and scarring

Hi

Thanks for your question.

Microdemabrasion is a very superficial treatment where textural improvment

and enhancing penetration of product are the main benefits. Depending on the depth of the scarring it may have little effect on those. I would reccommend Collagen Stimulation Therapy

(neeling)

in a course of treament for improvment in depth and appearance of scars.

Hope this helps

Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Microdermabrasion and scarring

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Hi

Thanks for your question.

(neeling)

Hope this helps

Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Microdermabrasion will not make your scars go away

Microdermabrasion can be effective treatment in minimizing acne scars, depending on severity. Microdermabrasion will not make your scars go away. Overall improvement of your skin is expected. If you are looking into treatments to remove your acne scars, pixel laser would be one of the solutions. Without picture provided it is hard to determine what those bumps on your forehead may be. You need to make an appointment with an expert to evaluate your case and suggest treatments that will satisfy your needs. 

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Thanks fr your query.Dermabrasion do help in acne scars and removes it to upto 80% in a couple of sessions. The clarity of the acne scars depend upon the type and depth of the scar. Skin color bumps might be grade 1 acne. You can start using anti acne face wash and benzoyl peroxide at night. Moles, can be removed using radiofrequency cautery. You can visit a dermatologist for all the queries. Hope it helps.

Acne scars

Microdermabrasion is very superficial and will not make scars of any type go away. the only treatments that are effective are a real dermabrasion or some types of laser. see a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon

Acne scars