Will this scar on my face fade? I got it less than a week ago (photos)

Doctor Answers 4

Scar from Burn

Please consult a board certified dermatologist who is an expert in wound care to help you treat this burn and prevent any further complications.  Best, Dr. Green

New York Dermatologist
5.0 out of 5 stars 76 reviews

The sooner the better!

Hello there! If you are only one week from injury, I highly suggest consulting with either a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for a complete evaluation of the injury and wound. There are options available that include scar treatment systems such as Bio Corneum, and you may need treatments to the area such as various lasers and chemical peels. I hope this helps!

Ellen A. Janetzke, MD
Bloomfield Hills Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 17 reviews

Some Aftercare Needed

I suggest seeing a cosmetic dermatologist with experience and who can do a formal assessment.  You will likely need skin care and peels in a series to help this heal.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Jason Emer, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 190 reviews

Options to help heal a burn scar

At this early stage, I would recommend a combination of Plato's Scar Serum, Melarase PM, and local wound care. 


Dr. Karamanoukian

Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS
Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 94 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.