Is reshaping the chin bone possible? (photos)

I've been researching various chin operations and I've been able to find information on sliding genioplasties which involve moving the chin bone around, but I haven't been able to find any information on reshaping the actual chin bone. Is this possible? I've attached a photo, the top picture is what my chin currently looks like and I used an app to create the bottom picture. My chin is asymmetrical and always bothered me, I would like to make it more symmetrical/square.

Reshaping Chin

Thank you for your pictures. There is not much of literature in regards to actually contouring the chin. Achieving a square shape may not be realistic. What is realistic is improving the asymmetry with a sliding geniooplasty.

Asymmetrical chin

Yes, you have two options depending upon the actual bone shape. One is to actually shift the chin 'sideways' to improve the symmetry; and the other is to 'reshape' the bone. The choice will depend upon your xrays and clinical examination.

Gerald Wittenberg, MSc, DMD
Vancouver Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon

Chin reshaping can help you get the chin shape you are looking for

Thanks for your question.  Chin bone reshaping is not same as sliding genioplasty. However, based on your request and pics, I would recommend that you do chin bone reshaping. This procedure would help getting your chin more symmetrical along with shaping your chin to be more square as you prefer.