Is this a realistic Rhinoplasty result? (photos)

Hi I've attached a picture and I was wondering if this is a realistic result for a rhinoplasty. I have a large nose, with wide nostrils and a large undefined tip. I believe my skin is on the thicker side. From the profile view I would like to get the dorsal hump taken off and the tip raised, because it looks droopy.

Rhinoplasty goals

I think you are a good candidate for a rhinoplasty. Based on your photos, it seems you have realistic expectations which are possible to achieve with surgery.  I recommend you schedule a consultation with a surgeon to discuss the details. 

Male Rhinoplasty Goals

From the photos you provided, it appears your goals can be realistically achieved with rhinoplasty.  The dorsal hump can be reduced to provide you with a smoother appearance.  The nasal tip can also be elevated with to provide you with more tip rotation.  I feel the key to any male rhinoplasty is to conservative correction, which allows for a natural result which does not appear "overdone"..  I would suggest having a consultation with a surgeon in your area that specializes in rhinoplasty surgery to discuss your aesthetic goals.  Good Luck!

Anthony Corrado, DO
Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon

Male rhinoplasty considerations #plasticsurgery #rhinoplasty

Features of the male nose, such as a prominent dorsal hump, drooping tip and wide alar base, can be addressed with open rhinoplasty and alar base modifications. Its important to not feminize the nose in male patients. Some male patients benefit from chin implants to further harmonize the facial features.

Scott C. Sattler, MD, FACS

Realistic rhinoplasty results

The digitally altered photographs do appear realistic, by an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon. The dorsal hump can be shaved down, the projection decreased,  the nostrils narrowed, the bridge line can be narrowed and the tip refined. To prevent the tip from drooping when smiling requires releasing of the depressor septi ligament. For more information and many before-and-after  rhinoplasty examples, please see the link and the video below

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question and photographs

I recommend that you schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in rhinoplasty to have a nasal examination performed and discussion of your cosmetic goals. I do not believe your goals are unrealistic, it would be a good idea to bring these images with you to help describe your cosmetic goals to the plastic surgeon. Based on the photographs you have posted, I believe you would benefit from a hump reduction and tip rhinoplasty. A dorsal hump can be removed by cutting out the extra cartilage along with filing of the bone to smooth out the bump. A tip rhinoplasty includes trimming the lower lateral cartilages and placing precision sutures to refine the tip and make it look more pleasing. Best of luck in your endeavors.
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question and photos. The photos are reasonable. The change on front view will depend on a few factors especially regarding the width so it's more difficult to predict based on photographs. Your surgeon may also suggest other changes to keep the nose balanced. Good luck

Jeffrey Jumaily, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for taking the time to make these pictures - it really gives us a good idea of what you are looking for.  To be honest with you, those are fairly realistic expectations from a rhinoplasty - the only thing that I would want to do is examine just how thick your skin is in order to determine the amount of definition that we can obtain by refining your tip.  Best of luck on your consultations - bring those pictures with you such that your docs can take a good look at them and then translate it to the 3 dimensional physical exam and have an educated discussion over what to expect.  I hope this helps! 

Miguel Mascaro, MD
Delray Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. You may also benefit from a nasal tip deprojection to make the overall size of your nose smaller and a conservative dorsal hump reduction.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD