Do I need to lose more weight for abdominalplasty? (photos)

Question! In 2015 my surgeon had told me to lose 30-40lbs and go back. Without even looking at my stomach. I was at 235 lbs. Currently I am at 180ish -185 lbs as of after Xmas. 5'7. I'm into heavy lifting haven't weighed myself in the new year just yet. I have called the clinic back and I'm going back to see him March 27th. Basing on before and recent picture.. what do you think?

Do I need to lose more weight for abdominoplasty?

From your photos it looks like your ready for a tummy tuck.  Losing a few more pounds through diet and exercise is helpful to facilitate muscle tightening but not a necessity.  Stay healthy and enjoy your results.

Jon A Perlman MD FACS 

Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery 

Extreme Makeover Surgeon ABC TV

Best of Los Angeles Award 2015, 2016 

Beverly Hills, Ca

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Jon A Perlman MD FACS 

Extreme Makeover Surgeon ABC TV

Best of Los Angeles Award 2015, 2016 

Beverly Hills, Ca

No need to lose weight

Based on these photographs you appear to be an excellent candidate for a full tummy tuck with muscle reconstruction.  This will flatten the muscles, reconstruct your core muscular corset, revise the belly button, eliminate the stretch marks from the belly button to the pubic hairline, and remove the loose skin and fat of the anterior abdomen.

No need to lose weight

Do you need to lose more weight for a TT

Far more important than deciding if TT is for you is the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon. Choose your surgeon rather than the technique and let him explain why one technique may be better than another and if you need a tummy tuck. Many board certified plastic surgeons provide a free first time consult and you should take advantage of that! See the below link on some suggestions on finding the most qualified Plastic Surgeon for you!

#loseweightbeforeTT #TT #findingtherightsurgeon

Need to lose more weight before tummy tuck?

Thanks for your questions and photos.  Congratulations on your weight loss!  After reviewing your photos and info that you provided, it seems that you should be a great candidate for a tummy tuck and should get a great result.  Best wishes for a fantastic procedure!

Dr. Brown

Dr. Brown

Great Candidate for TT

Hello, congratulations in your weight loss! Thanks for sharing your story and your pictures. You have accomplished a lot. You are a good candidate for a tummy tuck.

Please make sure that you and your surgeon are on the same page. Don't forget to discuss all your concerns, options and expectations thoroughly. Have a safe and pleasant PS Journey!
Respectfully,
Dr. Jaime Campos-Leon

Great Candidate for TT

Respectfully,
Dr. Jaime Campos-Leon

Candidate for tummy tuck

Thank you for your inquiry and photos, you are candidate for a tummy tuck, it is not necessary to loose more weight however you can still loose more before surgery. You are a good candidate for tummy tuck and also liposuction (love handles, back, thighs) and possible arms. You would have good results having your surgeon preform some liposuction as well. Best of luck.

Candidate for tummy tuck

Thank you for your question. Congratulations on your weight loss. It's best to reach your goal weight prior to surgery. This gives you the best chance of having a long-lasting and stable result. Also, having a body mass index less than 30 decreases the risks of the procedure and will give an improved cosmetic outcome. Your BMI is currently 29. If you plan to remain at your current weight, then it appears that your ready for surgery. Speak with your surgeon about their thoughts regarding how best to prepare for surgery.

Do I need to lose more weight for abdominalplasty? (photos

Thank you for the question and photos. Congratulations on losing the weight. It is always best to lose the weight you want and achieve goal weight prior to any surgical intervention. You would have great results if you would proceed with a full abdominoplasty. It is best to follow up with your board certified plastic surgeon. Good luck.

You look ready for surgery

Good job losing weight, that is great! At 5 foot 7, 180 lb, your BMI is under 30. That's a great place to be before body reshaping surgery such as abdominoplasty. If you are in great health, you appear to be an excellent candidate for the procedure.

You look ready for surgery

Do I need to lose more weight for abdominalplasty

The more weight you can lose, and keep off, the bigger the change will be. The weight contributes to the ability to narrow the waistline as well.