I had Juvederm in my lips about 4 months ago and all of a sudden having major swelling in the top right side of my lip. (photo)

Had juvederm four months ago for the first time. No initial reaction loved the way they looked. Suddenly have major swelling top right of lip. Have to wait 2 days for my appointment with the dr who did it but is there anything I can do in the mean time?

Lip Swelling, Four months after Juvederm

It is unlikely that 4 months after being treated with Juvederm you are having a reaction to the filler. I suggest consulting with a board certified dermatologist for further evaluation. In the meantime, ice may help reduce the swelling. Best, Dr. Emer

Lip Swelling 4 Months After Juvederm

First off, you did the right thing by calling your doctor. An examination will rule out infection versus some other issue. In the meanwhile, consider cool compresses, as well as arnica and bromelain herbal supplements to help with the swelling. 

Millicent Odunze-Geers, MD, MPH
Sacramento Physician