Is my implant bottoming out? (photos)

My left breast has less fullness on top compared to the right one, the incision is also higher and the implant is lower than the incision on my left breast where the right incision is directly in the crease/below my implant. I also have some pain in my left breast along the side closer to my armpit. I'm 4 weeks post-op 400cc hp silicone under the muscle. Is this normal?

Bottoming out?

Hello, if one implant is lower and the scar under that breast is higher on the inferior breast, this can be an indication of bottoming out.  However, the same findings could occur if the other implant is sitting a little high.  Your surgeon will be the best source of advice because they assessed you before surgery and are aware of the placement of the incisions under your breasts.

Bottoming out

If you note that the volume of your breast is moving down in relation to your incision then it may be due to a compromised crease. I recommend that you ask your Plastic Surgeon to examine you in person in order to determine if you are bottoming out.

All the best

Bottomed out

An incision that was once in the crease and now has migrated up onto the breast is usually bottomed out. Also, the distance from the areola to the crease appears longer on your left breast. I recommend follow up with your chosen plastic surgeon who can best advise you of how to proceed. Good luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS