I rubbed my eyes and now I suddenly have a hooded lid. Is this going to be like this forever? (Photo)

I am really freaking out about this. I don't have hooded lids. I woke up and I rubbed my eyes and then I felt something strange with my right eyelid and my eyes are really hooded... Are they swollen ? or is this going to be like this forever ? I'm really upset right now. Also I just noticed that the rest of my face is also quite splotchy and there are some red bumps... I'm so confused and scared.

Allergic Reaction

Thanks for the question and photos. It looks like you have an allergic reaction. Take Benedryl, use cold compresses and see your medical doctor. If you have any symptoms of difficulty breathing go to the emergency room right away. Feel better. Good luck.

Swollen eyelids

It sounds as if your eyelids are temporarily swollen due to some foreign particles or irritants and rubbing them probably irritated them further. I would expect this to resolve. Pay a visit to your Primary care physician to determine the cause.

All the best

Eyelid swelling

I agree with the other poster - it seems to be an allergic reaction. Please see your doctor to have some anti-histaminics and also to find out what you may be allergic to.

Anindya Lahiri, FRCS (Plast)
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Allergic Reaction

It is very likely that you are having an allergic reaction.  See your primary doctor or go to the emergency room if the condition should worsen. Please keep us posted.

Samuel Baharestani, MD
Long Island Oculoplastic Surgeon