I had mastopexy & aug in April. My right implant hasn't dropped, and the bottom of my left one is flat. What can I do? (Photo)

I had a mastopexy and augmentation in April 2016. My right breasts implant seems to not have dropped at all yet. And my left implant appears to have dropped but the bottom of my breasts looks flat. I really dislike them. I seen my surgeon who's highly creditable and he has advised me to wait 6 months as he said it will drop... but I don't think it will and my left looks horrible. I'm bothered by this because I spent close to 17k. I'm just wondering your opinions on them. Thank you

Different Looking Breast after Lift.

Your surgery was performed about 2 months ago.  This is early in the postoperative phase for a lift.  The deep sutures are just now dissolving.  Some implants take  longer to "drop" especially if its on the dominant side?  Moving the implant and possible use of an upper pole band may help.  If you are right handed, try using the left side more if lifting. The flatness on the left will relax with time.  Scars change and mature over the first year.  As I said, a lot of the sutures are just now dissolving.  Massaging the scar will help expedite this.

I perform a hand tailored lift to the implant chosen.  It takes time for the final results to appear.  Patients and time and good communication with your surgeon is usually all it takes.  I would wait at least 5-6 months to even consider revision.  During this time, you will also see changes.

I hope this was helpful.  Good luck.

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

I had mastopexy & aug in April. My right implant hasn't dropped, and the bottom of my left one is flat. What can I do?

Thank you for your pictures and questions. Sorry to hear you are not pleased with your outcome. Although I do see the issues you note, I would have to agree with your surgeon. If you had surgery in April, then you are at most 2 months out from surgery, and that is not enough time to make any decisions about your results or consider any revisions. I would advise following your PS's advice and waiting until 6 months post-op. If you are still unhappy at that time, discuss with him or her the options available to fix what you do not like. I predict that with time and patience, you will become more happy with the results.

Post Mastectomy Implant Selection

Implants for Even Breasts following mastectomy are hard to determine exactly.
It is very difficult to determine the exact size and shape of implant that will even our your two breasts without an examination by a board certified plastic surgeon. This is because several breast landmark measurements not to mention your breast characteristics are needed to determine the optimal implant size to obtain your goals. Although it is helpful to have the measurements/dimensions of the implants you currently have, there are other factors such as amount of supple skin, thickness of the breast flaps, etc.For example a high profile implant may be required if tissues are not flexible which is often the case following mastectomy. Without knowing these factors it would be tough to answer your question. For example your native base width of your breast will determine in many cases the maximal volume per implant profile that you can accommodate.

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well…
I have to say that you are still early on healing process, it is too soon to determine how your results are going to be, per now, they look very nice and beautiful, you can have one bigger than the other, feel swollen and also have bruises and open wounds, it is normal and that can happen Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well..

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD