I am considering getting a lip filler. How much Juvederm would be recommended to give me plumper lips? (photos)

I am considering getting a lip filler. How much Juvederm would be recommended to give me plumper lips

Thank you for your question.  Your are a great candidate for a filler.  You would only need 0.5-1cc of filler.  Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon.  Best Wishes

Juvederm lip filler

Hello jadecka,

Thank you for posting your question. In believe starting out of conservative is best in the case of filler in the lips, so I would start with 1/2cc or 1cc. You can always reassess and add more at a later time. You have a pretty shape to your lips naturally, so I think a small amount of volume would compliment you. Hope this helps!

Dr. Michael J. Brown
Northern Virginia Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm

Hi jadecka
Thank you for your question and photo.  You have a nice shape to your lips.  I always tell my patients to start off with 1 syringe.  You will have swelling after the injections so we typically tell our patients to wait at least 2 weeks before you decide if you want to add more filler.  Its always best to start conservative and add more rather then getting to much product all at once.  Its best to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon. 
Best of luck to you!

Juvederm

It is best to start out with a small amount (1/2-1 syringe) and look in the mirror, then add additional filler if desired. To be sure what is best for you, see two or more board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have treatment.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Hello Jacecka,

Keep in mind you can always add more. If you are over injected then something can be used to remove the product but it gets rid of all of it. I would start with a single syringe and see how that looks. After 7-10 days if you'd like more then another syringe could be opened. I'd also recommend you be conservative to avoid having an overdone look since you already have a nice shape to your lip.

I would recommend you consult with a facial plastic surgeon, plastic surgeon, or dermatologist for an in person evaluation to determine what is the best treatment.

I hope this helps and good luck.

William Marshall Guy, MD
The Woodlands Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lip augmentation

I appreciate your question.
Since you have some lip volume, I would start with 1cc for both lips. And then have you come back in a few weeks to see if we needed more once the swelling goes down

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz

Best Natural Lip Filler Injections

Hi J,

You have nice shaped lips.  I would use a small amount of filler to just re-inflate them to their naturally full state.  We would use between 0.5-1.0 cc of Juvederm Plus XC with a micro-canulla.  Make sure to choose your treating physician most carefully.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD
Encino Facial Plastic Surgeon

Filler To Lips , How Much Is Too Much?

I suggest going slowly and putting little bits in at a time till you get to what you feel is your optimal amount.  Start with 1 tube or less to start.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Adding Filler To Already Full Lips

You already have good volume and shape to your lips. You will not need much filler to improve them. I would definitely not start with more than 1 syringe. Maybe 0.5cc or less to start. If you want more you can always add it later on. Make sure you find a physician with experience in doing lips as you don't want to end up overfilled. Best of luck.

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon

Lip filler

Your photo suggests a nice lip shape, although it's hard to evaluate how much extra volume would be appropriate without an in-person exam.  A good way to start is with a single 1.0ml syringe of a hyaluronic acid filler such as Juvederm or Restylane, and use a part of all of it between the upper and lower lip.  Discuss your goals and expectations in detail with your injecting physician, and count on a few days of swelling and possible bruising after the procedure.  Good luck!

Inessa Fishman, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon