Are Hair Transplants permanent? & How does one get haircuts afterwards?

Sorry for my lack of knowledge on the subject. But I just wanted to know if Hair Transplants are permanent or do you need several over a lifetime? & how do you go about getting haircuts afterwards?

Results Last, and You Will Need to Get Haircuts

Thanks for your query about hair transplant. The results of this procedure are generally quite long-lasting and may be permanent or require only a few "touch-up" treatments in the years following. Transplanted hair grows in its new location just like natural hair does, and patients have haircuts and style their hair as desired after the procedure. I hope this helped resolve your questions! 

Long Island Plastic Surgeon

Transplanted hairs grow like non transplanted hairs and you can get a hair cut with no issue. If you are concerned consult with

Transplanted hairs grow like non transplanted hairs and you can get a hair cut with no issue.  If you are concerned consult with your doctor.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Hair Transplants

Permanency of your hair transplant procedure depends on the following:
  1. handling and selection of your grafts
  2. genetics of your donor region
Most have adequate donor regions and those follicles resist the normal balding patterns.

Baubac Hayatdavoudi, MD
Beverly Hills Physician

Hair transplants

Hair transplants reflect hair that is moved from the back of the head where balding does not occur in men, to the areas where patterned balding occurs

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon