Are you force to get a orthodontic treatment to get a jaw surgery ?

I have a underbite , and my theeth are 80 pourcent straight. I had brace before. I wanna do a jaw surgery for my underbite , witch the city covers a pourcentage of the surgery. Unfortunaly , to get a appointment with a surgeon , you need to be refer by a orthodontist and probably to get braces as well. I simply do not have that money , to pay for braces + surgery. So I was wondering if there is any options for me , thank you

unfortunately there are no other options. If you do surgery without braces, your teeth won't match after surgery. 

New York Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon