Are you force to get a orthodontic treatment to get a jaw surgery ?

I have a underbite , and my theeth are 80 pourcent straight. I had brace before. I wanna do a jaw surgery for my underbite , witch the city covers a pourcentage of the surgery. Unfortunaly , to get a appointment with a surgeon , you need to be refer by a orthodontist and probably to get braces as well. I simply do not have that money , to pay for braces + surgery. So I was wondering if there is any options for me , thank you

Doctor Answers 1


unfortunately there are no other options. If you do surgery without braces, your teeth won't match after surgery. 

New York Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 17 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.