Would it be beneficial to use a large applicator or 2 small applicators for my upper abs? (photos)

Would it be beneficial to use a large aplicator or 2 small aplicators for my uper abs knowing that i already had my sides dune and i hade my lower abe dune with a large aplicator i attached pictures of before and after

Coolsculpting

Coolsculpting is an excellent form of non-invasive  fat reduction for the right patient. Some applicators take 1 or 2 hours but the new advantage applicators take only 35 minutes and have significantly less risk for delayed onset pain (especially in the abdomen). Results are seen at 2 months and typically 1-3 treatments will be necessary on each area to achieve ideal results. The number of treatments depends on the amount of fat there and the patient's goals.  There is not downtime and the results can be impressive in the right patient.  We also use the Zimmer Z-wave for improved patient comfort and added results. The best candidates are those who are in pretty good shape with areas of stubborn fat that won't go away no matter what. In office evaluation is necessary to evaluate which applicators would be best for you.

My best,

Sheila Nazarian, MD, MMM

Beverly Hills, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Would it be beneficial to use a large applicator or 2 small applicators for my upper abs?

Thank you for your question and photos.
It would be best to be evaluated and measurements taken in person but from the photos, it does look like the smaller applicator may work better for your upper abdomen.

Abdominal Fat -- Coolsculpting versus VASER HI DEF

I suggest you look at my yelp/realself photos, you are not a great candidate for noninvasive body shaping unless you only want a small reduction in the area.  If you want full contoruing, ab etching, or body shaping you should see an expert in 4D liposuction.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Which Coolsculpting Applicators for the Upper Abdomen?

As a general rule the smaller applicators work better for the upper abdomen. However, the only way to know for sure it so be evaluated and measured to see how the various applicator templates contour to your body shape. Hope this helps.

Shelena Lalji, MD
Sugar Land OB/GYN

Thanks for your question. Looking at  your photos it looks like you would benefit from the larger applicator on your lower abdomen and two of the smaller applicators on your upper abdomen. You also may need two treatments on both areas for best results. The best way to know is an in person consultation where you can be evaluated and measured with the Coolsculpting templates. Hope you enjoy your results.   

Brian C. Reuben, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Treating Abdomen with Coolsculpting

It appears from your photos that you will need the small abdominal piece to have the best results. The larger piece will probably be too large for you.  An in person consultation is really the best way to know with an experienced physician.  Best, Dr. Green

Coolsculpting for upper abdomen

Generally, for the upper abdomen the smaller applicators work better--meaning, we can grab the tissue more efficiently and more contoured manner, giving you a better result.  For most of our patients, there just isn't enough there to treat with the large applicator.  So, though it may seem more efficient to use the large, it may be more effective overall to go with the smaller ones.

Grant Stevens, MD

Which CoolSculpting Applicator For The Upper Abdomen

More often than not, the smaller applicators are used for the upper abdomen. The best way to determine which applicator should be used on you is through an in-person assessment.

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon

Coolsculpting applicator size

Thanks for your question.  The best way to assess the right applicator size for you is for you physician to use the Coolsculpting templates on the areas in question.  The key is getting a good vacuum seal and to include the area that you desire.  Using the templates in person, this can be easily determined.  Additionally, if your physician uses the larger applicator and it doesn't fit well, they can always switch out to the smaller applicators.  Hope this helps.

Marcus A. Jimenez, MD, FACS
Fort Wayne General Surgeon