Can I get a bad allergic reaction?

I am wanting some juvaderm and Botox done. Never had either procedure before, so I am curious if there is any testing to prevent an allergic reaction? How common is it? How severe can they be? I know most doctors will tell you not to worry, but I am quite stressed about is! Thanks for your responses! I

Concerned about Botox and Juvederm

It is true that the safety of Botox and Juvederm has been well established over many years of use as well as research. At the same time, each person is different.
The potential side effects are generally related to the placement of the products and, in some cases, to patient reaction to the filler.It is best to speak with experienced doctor and evaluate the responses.I hope that helps and best regards

Edmonton Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox, Juvederm, and allergies

Thank you for your question rumtalia. Botox and Juvederm are products used to enhance the face. Any substance has the possibility of causing an allergic reaction when injected into the skin. If this is a concern a small amount may be injected on the skin, typically on the forearm as in a TB test, to determine if there is an allergic response. That being said, I have done thousands of Botox and filler treatments and have never done such a test and never had an allergic reaction. These products are very safe. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Alex Eshaghian, MD, PhD
Encino Physician

Fillers/Botox Side Effects -- Seek an Expert

Seeking treatment from a board certified dermatologist will give you the best results and minimize any risk of side effects. Likely, any side effects will include swelling or bruising from the placement of the filler, and this typically subsides in just a few days. Please consult with an expert