Will 100cc and profile change be enough to notice a difference? (photos)

I have 13yr old mcghan 350cc mod implants that have been though nursing twice which changed the capsule . I am having a revision in 2 weeks and have "poor tissue" and a narrow chest wall. PS says my capsule needs to be fixed which will push my nipples back up since my implants are too high so we are using 425 or 450cc hp silicones. Will this change in volume/prof be enough to notice a difference? I understand the cc limitations bcs of my tissue and breast diameter and dont want to push my luck.

About Breast Implant Profile

The profile is determined by the amount of projection versus roundness that the you desire, as well as the size of the implant and size of your chest. As much as it's important to know what size bra you currently wear, the strap size is important to know as well. It affects the diameter of the cup and subsequently the diameter of the #breast implant that you choose. In my practice, about 15-20% of the patients are good candidates for silicone #shapedimplants.

#Subpectoral or #submuscular implants refer to placement under the muscle which still remains the most common placement in the United States. #Submammary or #subglandular implants are the placement under the breast tissue in front of the muscle. This tends to more common in Europe and South America. General guidelines suggest that women with larger drooping (ptosis) breasts that do not want a breast lift often have the implant placed above the muscle, although another option, #DualPlane, has become more popular. In the Dual Plane method, the implant is placed under the pectoralis muscle but the breast tissue is also release, in part, from the muscle. Those patients with minimal breast tissue should usually have the implant placed beneath the pectoralis muscle for more soft tissue padding. 

Your Plastic Surgeon will measure you to determine the best shape, size and placement of the #implants to be used. Lastly, another important element to a satisfying result of your #augmentation is realistic #expectations.

Will 100cc and profile change be enough to notice a difference?

Sounds like a plan, but I might consider a donut lifting also with removal of ALL the inferior pole capsule....

Revision breast surgery

Really need to evaluate your capsule and overlying skin to form an opinion about surgical options for you.  If you have a firm capsule then a complete capsulecomy will drop the implant down and a larger implant will expand the pocket.  If the skin does not cooperate then you may need a lift.  

You may need to have nipple lift

The issue of going bigger will make tissue thinner and more problems later. I see nipple areola too low and lowering the  implants will not give enough lift. You also have lost the fullness and projection of the nipple and hard to see how the implant alone will fix all these issues. 

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon