Best solution for large eyelid?

Should i have eyelid surgery ? My upper eyelid look swallow and on is bigger because it has a boil before two years but its mark still on my upper eyelid. Do i need a procedur? What is the best solution ? And how much does it cost? Thanks

Doctor Answers 4

You have bilateral upper eyelid ptosis.

This is not fixed with fillers.  This requires upper eyelid ptosis surgery.  Your upper eyelid sulcus is hollow.  I suspect you need an anterior levator ptosis surgery.  You need a personal assessment by the potential surgeon.  This is not something that can Skype.  There is no substitute for an actual in person consultation.  

Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 26 reviews

Best solution for large eyelid?

You have both droopy upper eyelids (ptosis) and hollowness in upper eyelids/brow area. These two factors make the upper lid appear large. See an oculoplastic specialist. You may benefit from eyelid ptosis surgery and/or filler injection. See link and video below.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 74 reviews

A drooping eyelid is called ptosis

It does appear that you have ptosis of the upper eyelid. But it appears there are also other subtle differences between the two sides. An experienced eyelid surgeon can help you decide the best course of action.

Jeffrey M. Joseph, MD
Newport Beach Oculoplastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 14 reviews

Large eyes

It appears that you have upper eyelid ptosis on both sides. Your hollow upper lid sulcus is likely a hereditary feature, but may be lessened by ptosis repair. Other factors also produce "large eyes"  - for example myopia/ near-sightedness. Please see an Oculoplastic surgeon in your area for evaluation and discussion of treatment options. I agree with Dr. Steinsapir that filler is not the best answer for your eyelids. Best wishes!

Sara A. Kaltreider, MD
Charlottesville Oculoplastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 7 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.