Need help on acne scars and more! Can I do dermabrasion, subcision, filler or anything else? (Photo)

Hello, I am extremely unhappy with my skin, especially with the acne scars. Please let me know if I can do dermabrasion, subcision, filler or anything else? Thank you very much

Thank you for your question. Dermabrasion is an option to target scarring specifically, while the chemical peel can improve fine lines and fine wrinkles as well as scarring. Dermabrasion can be performed in conjunction with other procedures for facial correction. To determine the right treatment of these and other options, I suggest that you consult with a single or double board certified facial plastic surgeon.Best wishes,

Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Best treatments for acne scars

There are many ways to improve acne scars such as those you have mentioned. Combinations of several methods often work the best. In your case, I think you would see a great deal of improvement by having the scars raised with filler injections (I prefer Restylane), followed by a series of medical micro-needling treatments to both further improve the scarring and for better skin texture. In my office we make the micro-needling treatments even more effective by using the ProCell Therapies' system, applying human growth factor serum to the skin at the time of the treatment.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon