Does it look normal for 3 weeks post op smart lipo-liposuction? (Photos)

I feel like something it's distended ? Can I start working out? Why does it look so lumpy ? Why is it wrinkled ?

Does it look normal for 3 weeks post op smart lipo-liposuction

Thank you for your question. It can happen especially in thinner individual. Before pictures will help. I recommend you talk to your PS and express your concerns. Venus legacy skin tightening through radio frequency may help. Please talk to your PS

Smart Lipo

Thank you for posting your question. After any procedure, it takes time for your body to readjust and reshape itself. At three weeks after smart lipo, there should still be a significant amount of swelling. On average, it takes three to six months after smart lipo for the body to settle in its final shape. Be patient and follow up closely with your physician to address any concern or discomfort. Best of luck.

Jan Zemplenyi, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Post SmartLipo

Thanks for your question and photos. 3 weeks is too soon to see optimal results as they may take from 6-9 months. Because there’s no before photo it’s difficult to tell but your current photos seem to be normal for now. You may massage to smooth out. Best, Dr. Katz

Bruce E. Katz, MD

This is Normal

This is most likely swelling and it's too soon to determine what your final results will be. I suggest adding RF treatments (Venus Legacy, Exilis, Ultra, Vanquish) along with shock/vibration therapy Cellutone/z wave and hyperbaric oxygen and compression in order to decrease swelling and improve results. Please consult your Dr. as to when you can resume your exercise habits. Best, Dr. Emer

Post smart lipo

Some degree of temporary swelling/contour issues are common after smart lipo. They usually smooth out over several weeks to months.

Close follow up with your plastic surgeon is recommended. 

I allow my patients to work out 5 days after Smartlipo

i allow my patients to work out after 5 days without restrictions.

you will continue to improve for 6 months after the Smartlipo, with most of the improvement occurring between 2-6 months, not in the first 2 months, so you need to be a bit more patient.

it is not unusual to get some minor irregularities in some patients, during the early phase.

i don't know what you looked like before and i don't know the qualifications of the person doing your Smartlipo. i always recommend patients go with a board certified plastic surgeon. We are surgeons, that specializing in the body. i don't understand why patients would chose someone less qualified.

david berman md

David E. Berman, MD
Sterling Plastic Surgeon